Chapter Forty-Three: Back Down

Tuesday, October 29th, 2:20pm

"Seriously, she asked you out?"

"Yup, it was so awkward even before Oscar left. I bet there is a guy out there somewhere who would date her, but ever since I came to town she's been wanting me." Adrian says while turning the corner.

I wouldn't blame Jessica for wanting Adrian. He's one of the only nice guys in the whole School, but Jessica isn't the best at being nice to people unless she gets what she wants.

Adrian pulls the car into my driveway.

"Why didn't you take your motorcycle to School today?" Adrian asks while turning to face me.

I huff, "My Mom didn't want me to take it, she says that with everything going on in the town she doesn't want me getting in an accident."

I roll my eyes, "I've had my motorcycle since I left town and she's just telling me now to not ride it?"

"Will I have to meet her today?" Adrian asks.

"Most likely." I nod as I hop over the car door. Adrian opens the door and calmly gets out of the car.

We walk up to my house and I open the front door.

"Maggie!" My Dad yells.

"Yes?" I step into the living room.

"We ordered you bed frame." My Mom says.

"Great. Um," I step out of the way to show Adrian, "This is Adrian he's hanging out for the night, we'll be in my room if you need us." I smile and start to turn around.

"Nice to meet you," My Mom stands up from the couch and walks over to us, " I'm Juliet, Maggie's Mom. "

"Nice to meet you." Adrian smiles.

"How'd you two meet?" My Mom asks.

"Uh, our lockers are beside each other and we both liked writing for the School Newspaper." I partly lied.

"Oh fun, well if you need anything just come out and get it." My Mom smiles.

Adrian and I walk down to my bed room.

I close my door behind Adrian and sigh.

"Good job making up a complete lie of how me meet. Our lockers aren't even close to each other." Adrian chuckles.

"So you'd rather me tell her we met at the Café and then ended up making out behind it?" I ask.

"Well no."

"Exactly." I walk around Adrian and sit down on my bed.

Adrian turns around and looks down at me, "I know my room is much smaller and doesn't have the same amount of stuff in it as yours, but you can still sit down." I say.