Chapter Forty-Eight: Man Or A Monster

Monday, November 4th, 2:35pm

"Adrian."

"No, it's Oscar," My whole body freezes, "Adrian left his phone on the counter inside."

"Can I- can I talk to Adrian?" I ask.

"He's getting the car, waiting for me to come and drive."

"I need to talk to him."

"Why? Is everything okay?"

I look down at the table, I don't know what to say. All my muscles feel tense and I can feel my brain pounding.

I take a deep breath, "I know- I know what you did, Oscar."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know killed Kian."

The phone goes silent, all I can hear is the slow breath of Oscar on the other line. It feels as if the whole world has slowed down, everything has stopped moving.

"O- Oscar." I sutter.

"You don't know anything, Maggie." His voice is cold. This is a different person, I'm not talking to Oscar anymore.

"Can I talk to Adrian please?"

"He busy, but not for long." Oscar says.

"Oscar, what are you planning?" I ask as I walk over to the window, I look outside not wanting to know the answer to the question I just asked.

"Oscar?" The phone is silent again as I wait for a response. I really don't want to hear the response.

"Everything will be better once he's gone." The call ends with one single beep.

"Oscar? Shit!" I turn around and slam my phone on the table.

"Shit." I mumble into my hand.

Okay think Maggie think, if Oscar was going to do anything to Adrian, where would it be.

"Well I actually can't swim so, competitive swimmer is out of the running."

"Adrian can't swim. The bridge."

I run out of the room out into the hallway.

I grab at my pockets for my phone, it isn't anywhere, "Shit my phone!" I can't waste time grabbing it.

I round the corner and see Jade and Ace sitting on the bench, I run up to them already out of breath.

"I need you two to call the cops and get them to the bridge."

"What? Why?" Ace asks.

"Oscar's killed Kian and he's about to kill Adrian." I say as I start to back out of the door.

"What!?" Jade shouts.

"Just call the cops and get them to the bridge, all explain everything later." I turn around and run out the door with out a look back.