Chapter Eleven: Moving Along

Thursday, September 19th, 6:30am

Every single morning the sun is always shining bright through my windows, and I wish it didn't happen today since for once in my life. I don't want to get up at 6:30.

For my whole life I've always had the same morning routine, I quickly hop out of my bed and get dressed, then I go to the bathroom brush my teeth, pee, if I have to. Once I get back to my room I make my bed by just straightening out my pillows and fluffing out my blanket. I grab my backpack from the floor and run out of my room, down the stairs and into the Kitchen.

For once in my life I was awake before my parents, it might be the fact that they were in the study all night handling random things to do with work. My room is right next to the study and we have thin walls, I tend to hear everything in the house. Even if I'm not supposed to.

I make myself a bowl of cereal before sitting down at the island.

"Morning sweetie." I turn to see my Mom walking through the dining room doorway.

I smile, "Morning Mom."

"How was your sleep?" She asks while walking over to the coffee machine turning it on.

"It was good." I lie, I wasn't going to tell my Mom that she and Dad kept me awake the whole night with their random work talk. Honestly who decides to work at two in the morning?

I watch my Mom move around the Kitchen, making coffee, making food and looking outside, "Uh where's Dad?"

"Up stairs in the study working."

Still?

"Cool, what's he doing?" I ask.

"Stuff for the paper, we got some pretty harsh feed back after posting the autopsy report." My Mom explains.

"Well, you did put in a photo of a dead body. Did you really think people would be okay with that, especially Kian's family?" I ask.

"We were just reporting the news."

"Doesn't mean you put a photo of a dead body in the paper for the whole town to see. It's pretty gruesome Mom." I spoon cereal into my mouth while maintaining eye contact with her.

"Your Father and I are going out for a dinner meeting tonight. You'll have the house to yourself after 3."

I nod, "Sound good," I move off the stole and pick my backpack up off the floor, "I've gotta get to School, see you later."

I rush out of the Kitchen to the front door to put on my shoes and run out the door to my car. I pick up Oscar a long the way to School.

"You're trying out for the Basketball team tomorrow right?"

"Yeah, but I doubt I'll make it on the team this year since I've already been on it two times. And I don't even really want to be on again, I'm only doing it for my parents."