Chapter Ten: Movement

Wednesday, September 18th, 7:30am

I sat in the Living room with my feet up on the coffee table.

When I saw Jade last night I was going to ask her what the fuck she did with my knife, but then she started drinking and got very drunk. I'm pretty sure Clark had to walk her home. So I didn't end up asking her about the knife, besides I have other things on my mind.

My Dad walks into the Living room holding a beer, "Morning."

"Morning." I smile as I eye the beer in his hand. It's a bit early for beer isn't it?

I watch as he walks over and sits down on the chair, "So," He looks up at me a raises his brow, "I was wondering. If. I would... Maybe, possibly, be able to go and visit Caleb."

"What?"

"It's just I haven't seen him since I was six and I want to catch up, do you know where he is? Like the place he's staying?" I ask.

My Dad stands up and starts to walk into the Kitchen, "I think you're going to be late for School."

I get up and follow him, "I still have ten minutes till I have to leave, so could I maybe go see him on the weekend?" I ask.

"No! Drop this Maggie. I'm serious. Now go to School I don't want you being late."

I purse my lips and nod, "Glad to know that you've gotten over me punching Conner and now you're just mad that I asked to see my own brother. Great Father figure."

I turn around and walk out the door. I didn't want to ride my motorcycle today so I walked to School, it's a pretty long walk.

There was a lot of fog outside today, which is surprising since it's still technically summer. I almost don't notice when I walk past the Police Station until my name is getting called.

"Maggie Snow?"

I turn around to see a lady walking up behind me, "Uh yeah. Who are you?" I ask as I look her up and down. She's very formal wearing a dark blue pant suit with a gold badge over her right breast.

"I'm Detective Lana, I was assigned for the Kian Turner's case. I saw a photo of you when I went to look around the Turner's house hold. I was informed that you found him that night."

I nod and move the hand to rub the back of my neck, "Yeah."

"I will most likely be doing some follow up questions later on in the month."

"I already answered questions." I say as I take a small step back as she takes a step closer to me.

"Yes you have, but now that it has fully come out around the whole town that this was a murder, things are going to change a bit."

I thought that it was obvious that it was a murder, or that's just the first thing my brain always jumps to when people are found mysteriously dead in the middle of the woods with stab wounds.