Chapter Thirty-Three: My Blood

Monday, October 14th, 8:00am

"Heads, I get the pencil, tails you get the pencil." Jade says to Clark.

Clark nods as we all stare intensely at the coin in Jade's hand. She flips it into the air landing it on the back of her hand.

Jade removes her hand to show the coin with heads facing up, "Dang." Clark sighs.

I pat him on the shoulder, "You'll find a pencil another time."

"Can Maggie Snow and Adrian Fisher come down to the office, Maggie Snow and Adrian Fisher down to the office."

Jade and Clark look over to me, "What'd you do now?" Jade asks.

"I don't know... I'll see you guys later."

I walk away from them and down the hallway to the office.

Adrian is already waiting there when I arrive.

I almost let a laugh slip my lips when I see him, he looks like a scared puppy not knowing where to go. I'm gonna take a guess and say he's never been called down to the office before.

"Just sit out here and wait till the Principal Galilean is ready for you." The Secretary says as I walk into the office.

I nod and walk over to where Adrian is sitting.

"Well good morning." He smiles.

"Morning. Do you know why we're here?" I ask as I take a seat beside him.

Adrian shakes his head, "No clue."

"This was disrupting the coin tossing for a pencil debate." I sigh.

Adrian chuckles, "What?"

"Jade and Clark both wanted a pencil they found on the ground, they flipped a coin for it and Jade won. I bet they would have flipped it again by now."

"Ah." Adrian nods with confusion before speaking again, "Um I need to tell you-"

"You two," Adrian and I both look over to see Principal Galilean glaring at us, "My office, now."

Adrian and I both stand up and walk into her office.

We sit down in the two chairs across from her desk. I take a look around, I haven't been in here since Grade Nine when I got in trouble for talking back to a teacher.

The room isn't that different, the walls are still maroon with hints of green throughout the whole room. I swear that Principal Galilean is trying to make this room feel like an enchanted forest... it isn't really working for me.

She sits down across from us and crosses her arms onto the desk, "Do you two know why you're here?"

"No." I say flatly as I cross my legs and lean back.