Chapter Twenty-Nine: Stompa

Friday, October 11th, 12:00pm

"Well with this talk over, I'm hungry so I'm gonna go." Jade says.

"I'm going too." I say as I get up and follow Jade out of the lounge.

Once we reach the hallway we start to walk beside each other.

Jade has been talking to me a lot this week and I can't tell if it's because she wasn't to or she's trying to figure out a way to ask why I kissed her at my house after that party on Sunday.

If she ever did ask I wouldn't know how to answer, that night was mainly a blur. I still can't believe I made out with Conner, it's truly hard to look at him now without wanting to run and hide.

I've been trying to figure out why I kissed Jade, the only conclusion that I can come to is that I had such a bottle up of emotions from when I used to like her a long time ago that they all just came rushing out of me.

"You good?" Jade asks.

"What?"

"Are you good? That conversation might have been hard for you, so I'm just wondering."

"I mean why wouldn't I be fine, that whole conversation was just about my dead brother. Doesn't bother me at all or anything." I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, but at least the cops are trying to do something now. Even if it is small they are still trying." Jade smiles.

"That Detective my parents hired is so annoying and stupid, she honestly isn't doing her job and I don't blame her there aren't any leads other than that letter." I rant.

"I wouldn't say that so loud." Jade says.

I just let out a sigh and stop walking and face Jade, "Am I going crazy?"

"What? No. I think that this is how anyone would react."

"I feel crazy."

"You aren't crazy, trust me." Jade smiles.

Jade grabs my arm and pulls me out of the middle of the hallway.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Would-"

"Can Conner Martin come down to the office, Conner Martin down to the office."

That can't be any good, Conner has never been called down to the office. Not even in Elementary School.

I look back over to Jade.

"Anyway, um would you-"

"There you guys are!"

Maggie comes running up to us and places her hand on my shoulder, "You okay?" I ask.

"I completely blanked that tomorrow is Mystic Glass's karaoke night and my Dad signed me up to sing, I don't have a song or anything. If you guys are free tonight and tomorrow could you come and help me?" Maggie asks.