Chapter Thirty-Nine: Carry You

Friday, October 26th, 7:30am

A faint knock from my bedroom door echoes through the room. I squint my eyes open, but don't roll over.

"Sweetie, there's some pancakes down stairs if you want some." My Dad says through my bedroom door.

I don't respond.

"Are you gonna go to School today? You haven't gone in a week."

I don't respond.

I hear the door open, "Ace?"

I don't turn around to face him, I keep staring at my light yellow wall.

"I'm not hungry, Dad, and I'm not feeling good." I mumble into my blanket.

"When are you going back to School?"

"I don't know, can you just leave please?" I mumble.

"Okay, but I'm bringing you up some pancakes and syrup. You missed dinner last night so I know you're hungry."

I don't hear my door close, but I do hear my Dad leave the room. I pull my blanket closer to my chin and wrap my arms tighter around my stuffed bunny.

What feels like an hour passes before I hear my Dad walking up the stairs.

"The pancakes are on your desk when you're ready for them."

I don't respond.

"Maybe you should try and shower today, get out of bed."

My last shower was last Friday, it's been a week now. I haven't left my bed, maybe once to throw something out or go to the bathroom, but other than that I haven't moved.

"Maybe." I mumble.

"I'll be down stairs if you need me, your Mom is going out." I can feel my Dad's sympathetic smile burning into the back of me before he leaves the room and I hear my door close.

I roll over and lay on my back. I look up at the ceiling to the small glow in the dark star that I put up there when I was six and can't get off now. It doesn't even glow anymore.

I shift my eyes over to my window, the sun was peeking through the clouds sending an orange glow across my whole room. Morning's like these make the trees in fall look more orange and yellow than normal.

The sun makes me feel the smallest bit alive, it's the only thing that'd been keeping me in reality.

The sun comes out from behind the cloud splashing me in the eyes. I turn head back towards the wall, rolling the rest of my body with it. I close my eyes and drift back to sleep.

......

I jolt awake when a knock sounds at my door.

"Ace, one of your friends are here to see you!" My Dad calls through the door.