Chapter Thirty-Four: I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Thursday, October 17th, 3:00pm

Blossom Park, known for it's endless row of blossom trees. Even during mid fall they still look beautiful.

It's just past the School and is the only park in all of Misthill. Sometimes I think that's how the town got it's name, because when spring comes around the whole park is covered in mist and it has a couple of hills.

I wait outside the office for Ace, she had to meet up with the Principal before we could go on our date. I don't know why, but I don't mind waiting.

Ace walks out from the office, "Sorry about that."

"It's fine, we aren't in a rush, are we?"

"No, but I know that you were excited to show me where we're going." Ace smiles.

"I still am excited." I smile.

We walk out of the School and down the street, "So why'd you have to talk to the Principal?"

"I organize every pep rally, so she was just making sure everything was ready for tonight's Basketball game and pep rally." Ace explains.

"Oh that's really cool... I've never actually been to a Basketball game."

"Seriously? Never?"

I shake my head, "Never."

"Wow, do you not like Basketball?"

"Not really, it's never been interesting to me, it's just a bunch of people running around a gym throwing balls. Plus no one in the gang really likes Basketball, it's kind of weird."

Ace and I keep walking down the street, "So where are we going?" Ace asks.

"Well," I stop walking, "We're actually here." I smile.

Ace looks over to the front of her, her mouth drops open, "How have I never been here before?"

"Most people don't walk down this street so it's kept pretty secret." I explain.

"It's so beautiful."

Ace walks ahead of me and walks through the pathway.

Her yellow clothes contrast the bright pink that falls from the trees, the leaves are all along the path, every step I take I step onto pink.

Ace turns to look at me, "How'd you find this place?" Ace asks.

"I would come here when I was five, my Mom would always take endless amounts of photos of me running through the trees." I smile.

This place is one of the only places I have a good memory with my Mom. Running around on the grass playing tag, hide and seek, even having picnics. Then the twins were born and she became a stuck up rich lady that has no time to focus on her family anymore.