Chapter Thirty-One: Angel Of Small Death & The Codeine Scene

Saturday, October 12th, 7:10pm

The Kitchen is silent as I pop a piece of bread into the toaster.

My Mom walks into the Kitchen wearing a pantsuit with a long jacket and high heels. I hardly see her dressed up so it catches me off guard.

"Are you and Dad going out?" I ask.

"Oh no, just me. I'm meeting up with a... friend. Are you doing anything tonight?" She asks while digging through her purse.

"I'm going to a karaoke thing that isn't really karaoke, but it's for Maggie." I explain.

My Mom shakes her head in disapproval, "I don't know about that Maggie girl."

"She's really nice once you get to know her, yes she looks tough, but that's all on the outside."

"Huh? Interesting. Well have fun, I have to get going I should be back later tonight." My Mom picks up her purse and is gone from the Kitchen before the word goodbye can leave my mouth.

My newly toasted bread pops out from the toaster.

If I'm going to a bar tonight, most likely not drinking, I need to make sure that I have some food in me. I really doubt a bar full of gang people would have snacks...

I told Oscar that I would pick him up around 7:30, he was reluctant at first, but after I convinced him that it was to watch Maggie sing and it would only be a couple of hours. He became very intrigued and more excited to come.

Sometimes I don't understand his mind, and I guess I never will because I can't read his thoughts.

I quickly eat my toast.

I walk over to the front door and pull on my running shoes, "Dad! I'm heading out I'll be back later!"

I wait for a response, but never get one so I eventually leave. Hoping into my car and driving off down the street to Oscar's house.

I pull in front of his house right as he comes out and gets into the car, "You ready?" I ask.

"Yeah I guess, I've never been on the other side of town before so we'll just have to see how it goes." Oscar says.

I pull away from the curb, "Don't worry, it's not that bad."

......

We get out of my car and walk up to the doors of the bar. I can already tell it's going to be much different than when I was here a week ago.

We walk inside, there is a significant amount of people. Most of them being tall buff men that could probably crush me with one touch.

The bar has a couple of neon lights, but not as many as Club Azure does. Honestly that place has a crazy amount of neon lights, I don't know how anyone can stay in there for hours. This bar is much more attainable to stay in.