Chapter Twenty-Four: Arsonist's Lullaby

Thursday, October 3rd, 7:20am

"I miss you."

"Don't say that when you don't mean it."

"Maggie!"

I jolt up and roll off the couch falling onto the floor.

"What!" I yell as I sit up from the floor, realizing that I was inches away from hitting my head on the table.

Jade doesn't respond she just looks over at Adrian who was laying on the couch beside me. I didn't even realize he stayed the night, or the fact that we slept on the couch together.

I get up from the floor and pock Adrian in the side making him jolt awake.

I look back over to Jade, "What are you doing here?"

"Rick is at The Mystic Glass drunker than he's ever been." Jade explains.

"Why are you coming to me about it?"

"What time is it?" Adrian mumbles.

Jade and I glance over to Adrian.

"Who are you?" Jade looks up at me, "Who is he?"

"I'm Adrian."

"Jade," She turns to look at me, "And I'm coming to you about this because for the past hour he's been crying about how he hurt you and ruined your family."

"Oh god." I mumble.

"Can someone please tell me what time it is." Adrian says.

Jade pulls out her phone, "It's seven thirty. Okay."

"We're going to be late for School." Adrian says.

I turn to look at him, "By only a couple of minutes."

"If I'm late my parents will kill me." Adrian says finally standing up from the couch.

"Exact reason to come to the bar with us." Jade smiles.

"I'm good-"

"No you're coming." I say.

"No I'm not-"

"Yeah you are, because right now you're in a room with two people in a gang. So... might be a good choice to just roll with it." I smile.

Adrian looks over to Jade and then back at me, "Fi-" He stops and looks at both of us one more time, "Fine."

"Great now, Maggie, can we go get Rick out of the bar."

"I hate how you call my Dad by his first name." I say as I walk over to the front door.

Adrian follows Jade and I outside very reluctantly.

"Why did you force him to come with us?" Jade leans over and whispers.