Chapter Forty-Five: Towards The Sun

Wednesday, October 30th, 3:20pm

I look back and forth. Maggie and Jade are both staring at me waiting for an answer. I don't know if I can promise anything because I'm scared that I will break it.

"I'll try."

"We don't need an I'll try, we need a I will." Maggie says.

"I'll try." I repeat.

Maggie opens her mouth to speak, "Okay, that's fine. Let's get all get out of this house." Jade smiles as she cuts Maggie off.

"I have to change." I mumble.

"Okay," Jade glance over to Maggie, "We'll meet you downstairs." Jade smiles as she stands up from my bed and leaves the room with Maggie.

I grab a hoodie from my floor and throw it on over my head. I haven't had to motivation to clean my room so most of my clothes are scattered across the floor. I pull on a pair of jeans and put on my converse. I stop and look in the mirror before leaving my room, I'm wearing more colour than I have all week.

I run down the stairs and into the living room where Jade and Maggie are talking with my Dad.

My Dad's laugh roars through the house, I have no idea who made him laugh that hard. I'm not really worried about it though.

Maggie looks over to me, "Are we ready to leave?"

"Yup." I budge smile.

Jade and Maggie stand up from the couch and say goodbye to my Dad. We walk outside, Jade and I get onto our bikes while Maggie gets onto her motorcycle.

"I can go much faster so I'll meet you guys there." Maggie says as she peels out of the driveway.

Jade and I ride slowly down the street. Since it's been raining on and off all day most people haven't been out driving and there are puddles all over the road. I swear the town needs to fill in all the potholes, there are way to many of them.

I watch as Jade rides through a puddle the water splashing up at her feet.

"Your feet are going to be cold now." I say as I ride up next to her.

"My shoes are pretty water proof." Jade says.

"Well I'm not risking my shoes getting wet." I say as I dodge a puddle.

Jade glances down at my feet, "I mean no one would want to get bright yellow shoes wet and muddy."

I smile as we round the corner.

We pull into the parking lot beside Maggie's motorcycle. I hope off my bike and follow Jade inside.

The last time I was here was for karaoke night and the whole place was filled with people. People would I didn't really want to associate myself with. With Maggie and Jade it's fine, but with a bunch of big buff people it isn't my favorite thing.