Chapter Fifty: Saturday Sun

Saturday, November 9th, 1:45pm

I step outside for the first time in 5 days. The air has gotten much colder since then.

"Ready to get on this bus and get home?" Ace asks as we walk over to the bus stop.

"A fun two hours on a bus and then we talk to Oscar."

"Are you sure you want to talk to Oscar today? I mean didn't the doctor say to rest your neck?" Ace asks.

"No, what he said was no fast movements with my head. So I'll be fine and if I don't talk to him today I'm going to keep putting it off."

"Okay, but after words we're going to the Café to talk with Jade and Adrian, fill them in on everything and I'm coming with you to talk to him."

I look over to Ace, "Are you sure, wont it be too much?"

"I've already been though my graving when I thought Conner killed Kian, I think I'll be fine." Ace smiles.

"Okay."

I put on a though look when I'm actually very nervous to go and talk to him, but he hasn't confessed to anything to the police yet and this might be the only way.

Ace and I get onto the bus, getting ourselves comfy in the seats even though there is so way we are able to actually get comfy in these rock hard seats. Two hours is going to feel more like five.

......

Ace and I walk up to the polcie station.

"Do we just say we want to talk to Oscar?" I ask as I open the door.

Ace shrugs and shakes her head as she walks inside, "I have no clue, maybe?"

"Girls, what are you two doing here?" Detective Lana asks as she walks up to us.

"Uh, we wanted to talk to Oscar." I say.

"No one is aloud to talk to him right now."

"Has he confessed yet?" I ask.

"We aren't aloud to share that information."

"Seriously?! We know he hasn't confessed and that he won't until he sees Maggie is okay so can we talk to him! Please." Ace yells.

I'm caught off guard by the sudden burst of energy coming from Ace, I had no idea that she had that in her. I have the urge to clap, but I think that would make things awkward.

Detective Lana takes a deep breath, "Fine, follow me."

We walk to the end of the hallway to see Oscar sitting in a holding cell. I bet he has to stay there until he confess to anything.

"You two have five minutes." Detective Lana says as she opens the cell walking over to stand in front of Oscar.

I look over to Oscar who is sitting on a bench staring at the ground. My throat becomes tight, it's hard to breathe again. The nice guy I used to know is gone.