Chapter Forty-One: When The Truth Hunts You Down

Sunday, October 27th, 11:00am

The only good brunch place is 20 minutes out of town, my Dad would take me there almost every weekend when I was young. It was an us day as he'd call it.

My Dad doesn't own a car, my Mom took the bus to get to town and I already know all of us can't fit on my motorcycle.

I was planning on taking my motorcycle and meeting my parents at the place, but they had to convince me to take the bus with them. It was hard enough for them to wake me at 9 this morning to get ready. Weekends are for sleeping in, not for getting woken up by your Dad smacking pots and pans together as he enters your room thinking that it's funny.

I swear that it was payback for the time I threw water all over him to wake him up.

The bus ride isn't long, it's boring, which makes it feel as if it's the longest ride I've ever been on and it's not a fun ride.

I reposition my body from the pain that this chair is giving me. Why are bus seats never comfortable you'd think they'd add some cushioning for the people who ride the bus everyday. Honestly this is miserable.

I look over to the window, there isn't anything interesting only trees, trees and more trees. Maybe the odd bush here and there.

The bus comes to a stop, "We're here." My Dad says while trapping on my shoulder.

I get up from the seat and stretch my body before following my Mom and Dad out of the bus.

The bus drives away from in front of us, releasing Fresh Roast Brunch, the sign is the exact same from when I was a kid, big and golden-yellow.

We walk across the street, my Dad opens the doors letting my Mom and I walk inside first. The large seat yourself sign jumps out at us as we walk through the door. We walk over to the back corner and grab a booth.

My Mom and Dad sit down beside each other, it's still weird to see them beside each other.

The menus are put in the table. All of us sit in silence for awhile well we look at the menus. I already knew what I wanted when we arrived.

A lady comes and takes our drink orders.

"So what's everyone ordering?" My Mom asks.

"Brunch number 1, the classic." I smile.

"I'm thinking the pancakes," My Mom smiles, turning to my Dad, "What about you Rick?"

"I think I'm going for the pancakes too."

I lean forwards on the table and look out the window, "So what's been going on in Misthill since I've been gone?" My Mom asks.

"Well Kian Turner was murdered and Conner Martin is getting framed for the murder." I explain without looking away from the window.