Chapter Twenty-Eight: Pressure

Friday, October 11th, 11:30am

I sit in the lounge and wait for everyone to arrive.

I've called everyone here for a very specific meeting, all of us are going to be in danger soon.

Adrian and Oscar are the first to arrive, they sit down on the couch across from the chair that I'm sitting in.

"Why'd you need us?" Adrian asks.

"We need to wait for everyone else." I say.

Adrian and Oscar take a quick glance at one another, "Everyone else?" Oscar asks as Ace and Jade walk over to us.

Ace sits down in a chair while Jade leans on the back of the chair.

"We just have to wait for Maggie." I say.

"Can't you tell us most of us are all here?" Jade asks.

"No!"

I don't know much about Jade, other than her name, the only reason I know her name is because in Grade Nine she would always be seen with Maggie during her change to the dark side.

Maggie walks into the lounge and stops in the tracks before slowly walking over to the rest of us.

"Conner what's going on?" She asks.

"Well now that everyone is here-"

"Guess who's back!" Jessica smiles as she walks over to all of us.

"You were gone?" Maggie glares as Jessica stops walking beside her.

Jessica keeps smiling, "Yes I was in LA for the past couple of weeks visiting someone. Did you all miss me?"

"Nope." Jade smiles.

I have a sense that Maggie and Jade feel the same way about Jessica and are the only ones out of all of us who will actually tell her to fuck off.

Jessica walks away from us.

"Anyway," I start, "I asked all of you to come here because we all knew and talked to Kian."

"I haven't, so why am I here?" Jade asks.

I turn to look at her, "You talk to Ace."

I shake my head and countine with what I'm saying, "Yesterday when I was dropping something off for my Dad at the Police Station I overheard some cops talking about how they are going to be questioning more of the people who always talked to Kian or Ace." I explain.

"Okay, and?" Maggie asks.

"And I wanted to warn all of you about it, I doubt any of you did it, but all of you are the main people I know who talk to Kian."

"You seriously called all of us here to tell us we might be getting investigated?" Maggie asks.

"Yes, it's very important."