Chapter Eighteen: 18

Thursday, September 26th, 4:30pm

Oscar just left to go home. He didn't say why which he usally would, but I guess he didn't want to say why with Maggie around.

Sometimes I think he likes Maggie, but other times he just seems really uncomfortable around her. Then I have to remind myself that he's gay.

Maggie and I start to staple together all the Newspapers so they can be out on the stands at School by tomorrow morning.

"I need a break." Maggie says as she drops the stapler onto the table and turns towards what we dubbed our murder board.

I place my stapler onto the table and lean up against the wall crossing my arms.

"So... I was talking with Conner last week and he told me that you were never going to join the gang." I say.

Maggie turns her head towards me, "Yeah."

"Can I ask why you joined?"

Maggie turns around to fully face me, "Things change, my mind set changed. That's why. Conner just... couldn't keep up with that change."

I nod slowly, "Ookay."

Part of me thinks she's lying, but at the same time I feel like she's telling the truth

Maggie turns back around to face the murder board. I walk over and stand across from her blocking her view. Maybe this would get her to tell me if she's actually telling the truth, I swear that this girl is a wall that doesn't let anything show unless she wants you to know.

"How do you think you did on the Science test yesterday?" She asks changing the subject.

"I don't know, I still think I failed."

"You don't even think you passed?" She asked.

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Well if it means anything I think you just passed, almost failed, but just passed." Maggie smiles.

"Thanks?"

I can tell that she was trying to make me feel better, but it didn't really help. She literally said that she think I just passed.

It doesn't give me much hope.

Maggie turns around and goes back to stapling the papers together.

"Was it just me or did Oscar seem really off today?" I ask.

"Well he did tell me his parents were going through some stuff. So if they have been fighting through the night or all day... and like he said he was tired, it would explain why he wasn't his really talkative self."

I stare at her back confused before speaking, "He told you about his parents fighting?" 

"Yeah he mentioned it when you were getting the papers from the printer."

Sweet Little LiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara