chapter 29

Lauren stared at the cards in her hand with a cigarette dangling from the corner of her mouth. She smirked at her opponent.

"I'm waiting." She tapped her fingernails on the table.

The boy laid down the cards. Lauren laughed at his cards once he put them down. She laid down her flush.

"Hand over the stuff bitch." She laughed hysterically.

He sadly handed over the sealed briefcase to Lauren, who quickly took it from him. She opened it to reveal money and drugs.

"Mmm... mami likes." She smirked and felt the money. "Maybe next time." She laughed again.

Zac came from behind and wrapped his arms around Lauren. "Good job babe."

Lauren smirked and looked at him. "Roll with me and you get everything." She pecked his lips slightly as he chuckled.

Camila tried calling Lauren's number again.... for the 10th time. As always it went straight to voicemail. But sometimes it was completely off.

"Lauren! It's me Camila! Where are you? Why haven't I seen you. I need you. I miss you.... It's kinda lonely," She chuckled slightly. "Um... Mrs. Lovato said to come back soon. Yanno for the singing thing..." Camila sighed once again. "Look Lauren. I honestly don't know what I'm doing, I'm saying stupid shit. Please come back home, I've been checking your apartment everyday just to see if you're there.. but you never are. I need you Lauren."

Lauren pulled away from her phone after listening to Camila's message. As always she deleted it. Of course she listened to them but she didn't want to think about Camila.

Camila was bringing her down. Camila made her soft and Lauren didn't like that at all. She wants to be bad. Being bad is good for her.

"You okay babe?" Zac appeared behind Lauren again.

She nodded and tucked away her phone before turning it off. "Everything's fine."

"Yanno..." Zac smirked before bring Lauren closer to him. "We could celebrate for your win."

Lauren bit her lip understanding what Zac meant. "We should? Shouldn't we?"

Camila stared at her cup of tea in front of her. Ally and Dinah joined in front of her.

"Go away please." Camila said quietly.

"Camila.. You can't keep going on like this?!" Ally yelled. "It's been what.. a week?! You need to get over it."

"I can't Ally?! Can't you see?!" Camila barked. "If this was nothing I would've been over it. But this isn't just nothing. Lauren means something to me! I don't know where it came from but Lauren's on my mind 24/7. And now that's she gone and won't return anyone if my calls puts me on edge."

Normani and Ally were taken back. Camila's never been this way.

"If this were one of your boyfriends, you'd do the same wouldn't you? Wouldn't you?!" Camila repeated.

Her friends couldn't say anything because they knew it was true.

"I rest my case." Camila stood up from the booth and slapped down some money for her tea.

While she was walking out someone grabbed her shoulder. She turned around and saw Luke.

She rolled her eyes and turned away again. She didn't feel like being bothered.

"Camila wait." He reached for her shoulder again.

Camila stopped in her tracks but didn't turn around. She stared ahead of her hoping this moment ended quickly.

"Please Camila.... Say something, one thing, to me." Luke begged.

Camila hesitated before turning back to Luke. She sighed. "Have you talked to Lauren?"

Luke raised his eyebrow. "Why?"

"Have you talked to Lauren?" Camila repeated herself slowly.

"No I haven't..." Luke rubbed the back of his neck. "Not since then...." He referred back to that day.

Camila turned on her heels once more walking to cross the street.

It felt like her emotions were magnified. She could see everything.

But what she didn't see was that car that was coming towards her.