chapter 63

"Oh my god. Thank God you're here!" Camila quickly pulled Normani in.

"Wow, Camila, this looks amazing."

Camila was throwing a Christmas Eve part for friends and family, and she was behind on her baking and some decorations.

"Thanks Mani. But right now, I'm like literally dying. I need help." Camila felt her palms get sweaty. She wanted this party to be perfect and not have a single flaw to its name.

Before Normani could reply, she checked her phone for the message she just reciveed. "Well, Dinah and Ally are on their way to help. And Ally said she had a few decorations in attic."

"Perfect." Camila smiled, feeling some relief. "Could you finsish baking the cookies with Sofi while I do the tree?"

Normani nodded and took Camila's apron from her and wrapped it around her body.

She took off towards the tree, trying to get in final touches done.

"Karla..."

Camila knew that voice... It was her father. She hadnt really spoken to him much since the accident. She tried her best to avoid him at all cost.

He sighed when he noticed she was ignoring him.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"No time. Have to finsih tree." SHe said bluntly.

Alejandro opened his mouth to speak- but was cut off by the doorbell.

Camila ran to the door to see her other two friends ready to help.

"Hey girl." Ally pulled her into a hug. "I got these." She handed the younger girl a cardbox box. Camila took a peek inside. There was hangable snowflakes, plastic snowman, a few ornaments, cookie cutters in diffrent shapes, those colorful shimmery shiny things that you hang around, and glitter."

"Omg, thanks Ally!" Camila grinned before hugging her friend again.

"Okay how can we help?" Ally asked, ready to work.

"Um Dinah, can you do the tree while me and Ally set up these extra decors?"

Dinah nodded and pushed past Camila to get to the tree.

"Lets get to work then." Camila smiled and closed the door behind Ally when she stepped in.

"Are you going?" Luke asked Lauren while he fiddled on his phone.

"Probably not." Lauren said taking another scoops of her cereal.

"Why not?" Luke looked up at her. "And why the hell are you eating cereal at 2 in the afternoon?"

"I do what I want, I'm punk rock."

"You wish." Luke laughed. "But seriously... why arent you going?" He asked again- he was reffring to Camila's Christmas party.

Lauren sat her bowl down and shrugged again. "Camila and I arent on best terms right now..."

She remembered her and the younger girl's conversantion on the phone they had weeks before. It didnt end so well...

"Well I heard Austin's gonna be there."

Lauren snapped her head fast she thought she got whiplash. "What?"

"He told Jai he might go."

"Didnt he and Camila break up...?" Lauren asked. She tried to make it seem like she wasnt interrested.

Luke's lips curled up into a smirk when he caught on. He quickly came up with a way to make him stay. "I dont know. But good thing youre not going."