chapter 57

camila stared at the lockers in front her. they were blurred because her tears. she held on to the tender spot where Lauren kept pulling; it hurt like hell. Why would Lauren want to hurt her anyway? Did she do something to her to make her really hate her?

Lauren ran out of the school building, tears running down her face.

"Woah, woah. Where you going?" Lauren looked at Jai instantly leaping into his arms. 

Jai didn't know what was going on but he decided to be a good friend and comfort the crying girl. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I-I h-hurt the-the person tha-at I love."  She sniffled through tears.

"Oh." Jai nodded, proceeding to rub her back. "Been there, done that."

"You pulled their hair and pushed them to the ground too?" Lauren looked up at him.

"Um....... No." Jai laughed as did Lauren. 

"Hey man!" Someone called behind them. They pulled apart and turned around. Lauren scowled when she saw who it was.

"Hey Austin." Jai greeted him with a bro handshake.

"Lauren..." Austin said awkwardly when he noticed her.

"Houston." Lauren put on the most fake  smile ever.

"Austin." He corrected her.

"Yeah Las Vegas, whatever." Lauren rolled her eyes.

Jai looked between the two, clearly feeling weird. "You guys know each other..."

"How can I not? How can I ignore the guy that stole my girlfriend?" Lauren went back to her fake smile.

"Wait- Camila's your girlfriend?" Jai asked.

"Was my girlfriend." Lauren shrugged. "Now I don't give a fuck about that slut." 

"Don't you dare call Camila a slut!" Austin growled taking a step closer to Lauren.

"What are you gonna do about it? Your girlfriend is probably on the ground crying right about now." Lauren glared at him.

"What did you do to her?!"

"What any other psycho would." Lauren smirked.

"Camila's right. You are insane." Austin said before running inside the school to check on Camila.

Jai turned to face Lauren. "Wow... You must have some reputation here huh?"

Lauren sighed running her fingers through her hair. "You have no idea." 

"I know what will cheer you up." Jai smiled at her.

"What?" Lauren raised her eyebrow.

"Get in." He pointed to his car. 

Jai drove around for about 20 minutes before reaching the location he promised that would cheer the girl up. Lauren's eyes widened,once she noticed the place he had taken her.

"Jai!, this is our old tree house!" Lauren exclaimed, playing in a pile of leaves nearby. "I haven't been here in so long!" 

"Climb up." Jai called from the ladder. 

Lauren followed behind him. She stumbled when she reached the top and Jai caught her pulling her in. "Thanks.."

"I remember coming here all the time." Lauren smiled. 

"Remember the time you gave me a blowjob in here?" Jai smirked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Lauren shoved him, laughing. "I did not! Besides you weren't my type back then"

"What?!" Jai asked offended, but still laughing. "What do you mean I wasn't "your type"" 

"Exactly as it sounds. I liked bad boys and you were...err. You." She smiled. 

"If you weren't a girl I would punch the shit out of you." He joked. 

The two sat in silence after that, taking in the scenery they once enjoyed as kids. 

"Um so..." Jai cleared his throat. "Tell me about Camila and this other drama."

She sighed and told Jai the whole story. Which took a very, very, very long time.

"Wow." Jai said once Lauren finished. 

"Yeah.... Not your average Cinderella story huh?" 

Jai nodded. "But I like this one better."

"Why?" Lauren looked at him.

"Those stories teach people that everything gets a happy ending when in reality... things don't."

Lauren smiled and laid her head on Jai's shoulder. "But yanno... we can always make our own happy endings."