chapter 36

Camila had been making lots of progress in the hospital after the past couple of days. Her speech was improving very well.

She flipped through the channels while she waited for Dinah to bring her, her sandwich from Subway.

"Oh finally." Camila said when she heard the door assuming it was Dinah. "I thought I was going to die-" She stopped. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd come by and see how you are."

"You shouldn't be here Luke."

Luke sighed. He wanted to hold and kiss Camila. but he couldn't. "Look I know I'm the last person you want to see-"

"You are." Camila interrupted.

"But; I'm sorry. Okay? I'm probably about the biggest idiot out there." He went on.

Camila didn't say anything. She just listened.

"I want you to be happy.... but-" He stopped in his sentence making her raise her eyebrow. "Lauren's not good for you."

Camila scoffed and rolled her eyes. "How the fuck would you know?"

"Camila. I've been friends with Lauren since we were 14. She's dangerous. She doesn't learn. Did you or did you not bail Lauren out of jail a couple weeks ago?"

She shifted her gaze away from Luke, knowing he had some type of point.

"I'm just Camila- you're gonna get hurt. And its gonna be hard to pick up the pieces." And with that; Luke left.

Camila watched him as left. Thinking of his words over and over.

"You're gonna get hurt. And it's gonna be hard to pick up the pieces."

"Holaaaaaaa!" Dinah soon burst in the room making Camila jump. "I have got your food."

"It's about time." Camila said quietly grabbing the bag from her.

"Woah.. you okay Mila?" Dinah asked setting down her drink. "You look you've seen a ghost."

"Yeah. Something like that."

Dinah looked at Camila for a moment before shrugging it off. "Well I gotta run, see ya later chica!" She yelled after she took off.

Camila sighed and started eating her sandwich alone. Later the doctor came to check her progress, like usual. And Camila was getting annoyed of it.

"When can I get out of here?" Camila asked her nurse who was writing down her stats.

"Soon sweetie." She gave Camila and small smile.

Camila slumped back in her bed. She leaned over and grabbed her phone. She found Lauren in her contacts.

Text message : To Lauren ;

Hey. Um I haven't seen you all day, and I miss you.... give me a call, text?

Camila pressed send. Staring at Lauren's name, Luke's words started repeating again.

She's dangerous.

She's no good for you.

You're going to get hurt.

But Camila knew.