9

Heyo! This chapter contains bonding moments (not like that, you perverts!) And some heartbreaks, maybe, idk. I'mma just write whatever the hell comes in my mind.

P.S: I'm back to school that's why my updates are not frequent.

Third person POV

"Nagisa-kun!"

The blue head rose his head in confusion, Karma beside him looking at the spectacled girl curiously. "What is it, Okuda-san?"

Manami simply turned pink at his question as if he had said something scandalous, her fingers toying with her long skirt and her whole body fidgeting. She looked nervous for some odd reason.

"Um..I was hoping that we could talk?" Her eyes gestured to the lax red head sitting on his desk suggestively.

He caught the meaning behind her subtle message. It wasn't very subtle and Karma definitely got it too, but he nodded nonetheless.

"Uh..sure." Nagisa turned towards Karma who was watching them two as if trying to connect something with his mind. "You alright with that, Karma?"

The red head's eyes flashed with an unrecognizable emotion before he raised his head, a smirk summoned naturally on his face before saying, "Sure."

Manami led him to the empty store room, looking here and there in the hallway before closing the door slightly. There were boxes and packages lying around in the storeroom so they didn't have much choice but to stand in front of each other directly.

"So.." He broke the silence, "What's the matter?"

The spectacled girl remained silent for a couple of seconds. Her eyes darted across the room, looking anywhere but at him before she started fidgeting and she finally spoke, "P-promise that you won't laugh or tell anyone about it."

Nagisa's eyebrows furrowed in confusion but agreed to her terms anyway, "Alright."

"Um...well.." Manami played with the sleeves of her shirt with a blush that started forming on her face, "I..I kinda have a crush on Karma-kun."

Nagisa stilled at her confession, his mind going blank for a second as he tried to process her statement. She liked Karma as in crushing on him? Well, he wasn't surprised for one since her body language defied her oblivious pretense after all but he'd never expect her to tell him.

Her admittance was followed by silence and Manami, oblivious to his inner turmoil, carried on, "Um..Karma is very close to you so I was hoping that you could help me."

If I knew how to, Nagisa thought somewhat bitterly but not at Okuda, I would've asked him out ages ago and I'd be one of the most happiest person on earth right now.

She bit her bottom lip, her lavender eyes gazing at the blue head in an almost pleading manner, "P-please." She took his hands in her own, ignoring the way that he jolted at her touch.

Nagisa was torn between choosing a decision, one of the most difficult decision that he had ever encountered that is.

He wanted to yell, scream, tell her that he liked Karma before her. It was frustrating though since his throat felt like they were closing in on themselves. It..it didn't feel fair! But deep down, Nagisa knew that it was something that he had feared ever since she entered their group.