14

Start of E-class and I'm so excited for this arc! (≧∇≦)/

Third person POV

Well, Nagisa thought tiredly, watching the students walk towards the run down campus lifelessly. So this is the E-class, huh? He trudged forward, exhaustion gradually creeping up on him as he stood in front of the rundown house.

The wood looked unfurnished and the sickly pale shade of brown made Nagisa grimace. Even some of the parts of the building looked like they could fall off any moment now.

"Hello, class! I'll be your homeroom teacher this year!" The cheerful voice of their teacher clashed against the gloomy atmosphere of the classroom. "My name is Aguri Yukimura. Let's have a fantastic year together, alright?"

Yukimura-sensei, for one, was a very eccentric teacher. Always ready to help the students and somewhat clumsy but very kind at heart. Unlike the teachers at the main building, she radiated no ill intention, only a genuine desire to help.

She was clumsy and ditzy at times but neither Nagisa nor the students in the classroom had ever seen any teacher as dedicated to their education as her.

"Look! Look! I bought this shirt the other day!"

Yukimura-sensei gestured at her shirt and everyone sweat dropped.

"Err.."

"That's..."

Everyone sat in a speechless silence, staring at the clothing ahead of them.

"Err..that's a.." Isogai paused to search for the right word while gazing at the clothing with a wobbly smile, "..very unique sense of fashion."

Everyone had to agree with him in a way. But the thing that Isogai forgot to mention was that the shirt wasn't just a 'unique sense of fashion.' It was an abomination masquerading as a piece of clothing.

"Heh? Really?" Yukimura-sensei questioned as if she were surprised by his comment. "I find the clothes this brand produce really great."

"You definitely shouldn't." Maehara muttered discreetly, narrowing his gaze at the offending clothing.

"Well, enough about me!" She pratically materialized a book in her hand out of nowhere. "Let's start with our lesson!"

A collection of groan erupted.

~

"Huh, Akabane-kun still hasn't got out of his suspension. I guess I'll go and visit him." Crystal eyes widened and glimmered with hope at the teacher's statement. Because, had he heard that right? Karma was also to be in this classroom along with him.

Watching his teacher gather her belongings and some books, Nagisa almost opened his mouth to stop her and tag along with her but a part of his conscience reminded him of their current state like a bucket of cold water.

His mouth snapped shut immediately

What was he thinking? Tagging along his teacher just so he could see Karma who most likely didn't even want to hear his name. He forced himself to get a grip of inexorable reality.

An unprompted sigh escaped his parted lips and his lips curled sadly. Well, he thought clutching his bag, at least he'll get to see Karma right? It was supposed to be more than not seeing him anymore, he could live with it.

Apparently, his smothered sadness wasn't missed by Okuda who flashed him a look which obviously asked him if he was okay.

He didn't know anymore. Was he?