28

Note: I'm not going to write out the whole anime. Just the episodes I think happened in between, that alright with you, right? (Super bored of writing down the transcripts and typing it down, I'm just being a lazy nymph)

You thought I would update faster, but it was me, late update!

The summer sun spread a blanket of warmth, wrapping all up and leaving everyone pleasantly warm and generally happy. It was a kind of day that brought thoughts of downing chilly drinks and lapping at popsicles, enshrouded by a veil of lassitude. The warmth that induced sloth and nostalgia in elderly bodies and playfulness in the youth.

Even some of the lazy youths might be wasting away their summer in a state of half-consciousness, but Nagisa was all but a lazy person.

He thought of summer as a fine season. No season really prompted sleep in him. It was characteristic of young boys to be high-spirited, but Nagisa, having spent most of his life being reminded to be productive and diligent, failed to see much comfort in a stagnant life.

(Not that it meant he was constantly on the move, of course. He just didn't want to be unproductive.)

At the end of school, the bell chiming loudly, relieving the students of their academic manacles and bars of reputation and popularity, when Sugino asked him for help with his baseball practice, there wasn't much he could say to disagree. Though, he did have to send the message to someone else who'd be waiting for him.

Karma understood easily, and left without him. Now he could help Sugino with his practice! Although, he wasn't sure to what extent he could.

Turns out, the whole baseball practice was just a cover to catch up with Nagisa, and a sliver of guilt streaked his chest. He'd been so engrossed with the assassination attempts, training, and, well.. Karma, that he'd entirely forgotten about Sugino. With the lull of the previous assassination settling down, there had been enough opportunities to approach Sugino himself, but he hadn't.

"...And Shindo decided to let me play with his team sometimes! Isn't that great? " Sugino exclaimed, his excitement outmatching a kid in a candy shop, and Nagisa was really happy for him.

The ball landed on his mitt with a thump, "I'm glad things settled between you two," Nagisa answered with a nod.

"Enough about me.. how have you been these days? I thought the incident with Takaoka would've really scarred you."

Nagisa waved a hand, deflecting the concern, "I'm fine, really. It just taught me something,"

The dead leaves crunched with his footsteps, and Sugino bent down to pick the baseball. There was some sort of tension in his face that worried Nagisa, like there was something he wanted to say. It had to be something big if Sugino was hemming and hawing so much. That sparked a sort of concerned curiosity, and Nagisa really wanted to know what the object of his irritation was.

The catch ball session continued, a waiting game to see who breaks first in guise of an ordinary catch and throw. Small talks were made, and all seemed increasingly frustrating as none of them made any effort to approached their topic of stress- Nagisa's being Sugino hiding things from him, and Sugino's was... well, Nagisa wanted to find that out himself.