19

Ever since coming to the E-class, Nagisa had been learning. A lot. Their teacher hid meaningful knowledge behind confusing acts and sometimes put his own life in danger to teach them a lesson. The lesson, this morning with Okuda, proved this. He might've lied to Okuda through his teeth with a large grin on his face but that was to teach her a lesson which would last a lifetime.

But, no matter how much their bizarre teacher had taught them about assassination knowledge and the charms of different subjects, they'd never be able to find a stable way to fend off against the main building students- especially when they had to attend the assembly all the way down to the main campus, which was what they were doing.

"So glad you could make it," Nagisa would recognize the voice from anywhere, "Tough trip coming down the mountain I bet!"

Along with the other main-building students stood Tanaka and Takada, two acquaintances Nagisa had made during his time at D class. While Nagisa couldn't say he cherished them like close friends, he'd always appreciate new people who were willing to talk to a nobody like him. That's why, now, hearing them taunt him like that was...humiliating.

Rather than expressing his distaste at the jab, he stood in line with his head drooping down. It was fine. He'd gotten used to it. People like that didn't matter at all, he reminded himself to reduce the tension wrung in his shoulder. As he previously mentioned, they might've been his friends before but now they were showing their true colors.

After all the students had assembled, the Dean stood on the stage, his speech started already, "....essentially you are the cream of the crop- this nation's chosen elite. I, your school Dean, can vouch for that!" " He spoke with a broad grin which turned a tad bit mocking as he glanced at the E-class, "But if you're not careful..you couldf end up like certain other good for nothings."

The hall roared with laughter and the E-class continued looking down.

"Now, now. We mustn't laugh at their expense." The hypocrite chuckled himself.

"Hey, Nagisa-kun." Sugaya called from behind. "Where's Karma?"

Ah, right. Now that the devil was mentioned out loud, he could vividly picture the guy laying on his back somewhere. He was probably playing traunt and not giving a damn about the school rules even though misconduct resulted in severe punishment.

"He's ditching." Nagisa said, a faint smile almost forming on its own.

"What?" Sugaya looked alarmed at the so casually put statement, "Just him?"

Nagisa nodded, "He knows that he'll get punished for blowing off the assembly," he sighed, "But he doesn't care."

Nagisa had always looked up to Karma's easygoing personality and carefree attitude, hell even idolized him if he was being honest with himself. Above everything else, he liked how Karma could be so lackadaisical regarding to rules that normally bound normal people like him. It seemed like the part of him that idolized Karma hadn't vanished with time as he lightly remarked, "It's times like this I wish I was an honour student bad boy."

"I hear ya'" Sugaya said.

The Dean had already made an exit and now a female announcer recited, "Next is an address by the Student council," she peered over the stage, "Please start your preparations, Student council."

"Hey, who's that teacher?"

Nagisa knew either Karasuma-sensei or Bitch-sensei had entered the assembly hall when the students began to whisper about this 'new stylish teacher.' He looked behind to see Karasuma trying to block both Rio and Hinano's newly decorated knife sheaths from the students vision.