15

Guess who's back from the dead? Take your chapter and enjoy!

Third person POV

"Nyurufufufu, you should try to shoot a bit higher next time, Nakamura-san."

"Right."

How had it come up to this? Nagisa thought while watching their 'teacher' chastise Nakamura in how she should try harder to which the blonde girl just chuckled wryly, putting her guns away.

One minute they were just chatting and self-teaching themselves at their teacher's equivocal attendance and the next thing they know is they have a yellow octopus-like creature looming above them with an agent from the Ministry of Defense as his supervisor.

The spiky haired man had introduced himself as Tadaomi Karasuma and they had still yet to know about the yellow creature.

"Let me be blunt; I want you to kill this guy."

That was unexpected. So very unexpected for the whole class since Nagisa saw Maehara turning to Isogai and telling him to pinch him in order to make sure that this wasn't a dream. And the incredulity of the situation increased more when the agent stated that the reward for killing him was ten billion yen.

Although, they were to swear to secrecy that they wouldn't reveal his existence to anyone.

Nagisa looked at the green plastic knife with 'SAAUSO' imprinted on it, grabbing it by the hilt with an expression of weary disbelief. The class wasn't the one to blame, anyone would get stupefied if a yellow octopus started teaching a bunch of nobodies.

With a notepad and a pencil on his hand, Nagisa made it his job to look out for the octopus's weaknesses because the only thing he was capable of was helping from the sidelines. Not that he mind but it made him feel a bit useless.

"Hey Nagisa," Terasaka called with his friends near him, "Come with us. Time to carry out our assassination in plan."

Nagisa let his shoulders slump down but nodded, following the black-blond beta to the open field behind their run-down classroom.

Terasaka had a mean look on his face as he said, "That octopus's color changes according to his mood, right? Did you more down all the variations like I asked you?"

Nagisa nodded, turning the page of his notepad and scanning through the page while starting, "More or less. His face turns striped green when he's confident as we all know. When we give an incorrect answer it turns dark purple. It turns scarlet when we answer correctly and what's more interesting is that-"

Terasaka grunted and waved his hand dismissively, "I don't need to know all that. I have a plan. At the moment he least expects it." He brandished a knife too close to Nagisa for comfort.

"And you're gonna carry it out."

Nagisa's mouth hung open as he flinched back from the proximity of the knife "Me? But.."

Terasaka glared at him, getting up in Nagisa's personal space, "Don't be such a goody-goody." He inched too close for Nagsa's liking, "We're in the E-class, the rejects that failed to keep up in a famous prep school."

He swung his arm around Nagisa's shoulder brusquely, "Do you think we losers are ever gonna get another chance to score a whole ten billion yen?" Terasaka reached into his pocket, "We're gonna climb out of this forsaken place...in anyway we can." He dropped an orange pouch on Nagisa's palm.

"Just don't screw up, Nagisa-kun!" Saying that, he left the place laughing along with his friends, leaving Nagisa to ponder and lament of his own misery. What Terasaka had said was true, to a certain extent at least. It had left Nagisa weighing his choices and options; he needed to choose which would result to a better outcome.