16

Third person POV

Koro-sensei lounged on his chair relaxed and, seemingly, completely off guard as he scanned through the newspaper sipping on his drink, muttering to himself of how slow the news had traveled and how badly the journalists were drawing out the theoretical causes for the crescent moon.

Sugino felt a bead of sweat slide down his neck as he hid behind the trees, scouting the unassuming teacher with anticipation and anxiousness.

"Nice, good work, Nagisa. Thanks, I owe you one." Nagisa, who was hiding near him, flashed him a small smile and nodded, "You're welcome."

He had his notepad close to his chest, crouching to a relatively safe level from where he could observe their target. "Best of luck, Sugino."

With a slight smirk, Sugino held the baseball glued with anti-sensei pellets nodding at the blue head, "You got it." His eyes locked onto the target as he readied his position, "Ten billion yen here I come!"

Nagisa didn't remember when it had happened but he and Sugino had turned into the closests of friend in a matter of few days because they'd clicked well together. Sugino was cheerful and gregarious and it was no wonder that their friendship had been build so quickly.

Sugino threw the ball at the seated octopus with a forceful swing of his hand.

Not only that, but Sugino was a huge baseball fanatic whose love for baseball could be seen from miles away. Nagisa recognized the pattern of movements as a similar pattern of motion a famous baseball player used while balling, Sugino'd often talk about him.

The ball zoomed to the seated octopus who was still unaware of the assassination taking place.

"Top of the morning to ya'"

Or so he thought.

Both the boys jumped at the sound of the sudden appearance of their teacher. Koro-sensei had a broad grin tugged on his face with a hint of mischief as he sounded, "It's usually considered polite to reply."

"Uh-ah-wah-" Sugino was still shell-shocked by the unforseen situation as his eyes went back to the empty chair, the cloud of dust and the newspaper left behind to their teacher as if he couldn't believe his eyes.

Drops of sweat gathered on Nagisa's forehead, "Uh.." Still shaken by the subito emergence, Nagisa greeted him stiffly, "Yes sir, sorry sir. Good morning, sir."

Koro-sensei chuckled heartily before initiating a short sermon explaining and elucidating what parts of the assassination attempt were good and what went wrong with it. He even stated himself that he'd went on ahead and brought a baseball glove by the time the ball had reached him. So annoying.

To rub it in, he even had green stripes on his face which would fancy and all, if not for the context given here. After he left, Sugino and Nagisa looked at him go to the classroom with a gloomy 'Yes sir.'

"Dammit." Sugino muttered, "Well, so much for my fast ball. Big shock there, I guess." His disappointment was rolling off him in waves.

Nagisa's brows furrowed, "It was a good throw..."

Watching Sugino let out a defeated sigh and stare down at the ground, Nagisa guessed Sugino thought otherwise.

He couldn't blame him. Mach 20 proved to be too expeditious for a couple of junior high students, hell even for the Ministry of defense, it was a huge nuisance. Either way, Sugino shouldn't have to beat himself up over it.

He somewhat understood how Sugino felt at the moment so he just left him there to sort out the problem by himself. At least that's what he wanted others to do when he was frustrated.