Clarity

"Why do I always push people away?" I repeated. "You have to be fucking kidding me right now."

"No I'm not! Every time! Every fucking time I'm so close to figuring you out or I finally understand enough for you to let me in you always push me away and shut me out! I swear it's like you get a kick out of doing it!"

"Oh so you think I do it on purpose?"

"Yeah I do! Every Time Lauren, you do it every time! Why?"

"It's the only thing I know how to do, you jackass!" I screamed at him. "You know what my dad did to me! No one other than my mom has ever cared for me as much as you have! I don't know how to take it okay! Happy? I constantly lose people in my life! I've constantly have to let people go! I've been doing it my whole life! No one has ever loved me enough to show they cared enough to stay!" I screamed.

The rain start falling harder soaking our hair and clothes, rain drops were rolling down my face; the thunder echoing around us. The air was so hot that the cold, refreshing, rain cooled the air that we could see our breath from the difference in temperature. We stood there looking at each other for a minute.

"Give up on me Michael." I told him. "I'm a lost cause." After screaming at him and telling him to give up on me I expected he wouldn't want anything to do with me anymore. I was wrong.