Chapter Seven: Rescue in Space

Over the course of only a few weeks, it seems almost like time has been gone by pretty quickly for the teens of International Rescue. Braedey, on the other hand, feels like there might be something going on behind the scenes, and there could be something happening without his knowing. It's really driving him concerned.

~*~*~

In the main lounge of Martin Island, Braedey was looking through some files and photographs regarding the notorious gangster Roman Torchwick. He hasn't been seen for quite some time, which really does get Braedey concerned. He also heard reports of a man that seemed to match the gangster's description after the whole Fireflash fiasco. Could he be responsible for what happened then?

"Something on your mind, Braedey?" The brunette looked up from his files, and he saw Jen walk up to him. "You've had your head in those photos."

"Just been thinking about this Roman Torchwick." Braedey replied. "I think he might be involved with the Fireflash incident we dealt with not too long ago."

This really caught Jen off-guard. "What? Him being the person involved with the whole Fireflash bomb thing? Are you sure you didn't hit your head this morning?" She asked him.

"Hear me out." Braedey stopped her. "The officer that had taken photos of Thunderbird One's cockpit was last reported on the side of highway A1 from the remains of the police car. He matched the same description as that of Roman Torchwick. It all leads to one clear conclusion: He was responsible for planting the bomb inside of the Fireflash."

"That's really something." Jen commented about this bit of information.

"But, there's one piece that's rather conflicting." Braedey interjected. "One: There is no real reason as to why Roman Torchwick even planned that bomb on Fireflash. Two: How could he have obtained the dust explosives that were powerful enough to make the reactor on Fireflash explode? Something just doesn't make sense."

"Do you think Torchwick might be working with someone else?" Jen asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly." Braedey nodded. "Someone is pulling Torchwick's strings." He stopped himself, lost in thought. "But, what would make them go to a length like that to draw out International Rescue?" He wondered to himself.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, up in geostationary orbit above Remnant itself, there is a brand-new satellite space station built from Atlas technology, which will double as a brand-new Atlas Academy for the future, but to test if any human or Faunus life could live outside of Remnant's own gravitational force.

The craft is 246ft in diameter, the height (including scanning arrays) being 226ft, and the length (including the docking port) is 354ft long, with an overall weight of 869 tonnes

The craft is 246ft in diameter, the height (including scanning arrays) being 226ft, and the length (including the docking port) is 354ft long, with an overall weight of 869 tonnes. It has a booster rocket to keep the craft in high orbit, while having 32 altitude control rockets for minor position adjustments, while its geostationary orbit is 35,790km (22,226 miles) above the planet, it's power source being a Hackenbacker-series 300 fusion reactor.