Chapter Fifty-Four: Underwater Ambush!

A/N: I'd like to thank kieron0103 for helping me out with this chapter, and providing extra help with all of this.

~*~*~

Out in the far Eastern side of Mistral, deep beneath the waves, a new Atlas/R.G.D.F vessel was currently working exploring the depths of the oceans, seeing what was below the waves.

The vessel was named the Explorer

The vessel was named the Explorer. The ship has a paint scheme of navy blue and white markings on it, with giant red letters on both sides and top of the craft saying 'Atlas' and 'R.G.D.F'. The rest of the craft is in grey. It is 520m long from bow to stern, in width and height, outfitted with 16 decks, one being the Bridge, while it has a series of spotlights under the hull to examine the seafloor, plus small cameras and a giant camera at the front of the vessel by the bow. Underneath the vessel is a large underwater hangar, where small submarines can launch from. The ship has hidden rocket boosters so it can take off out of the sea, and fly like a normal Atlas vessel. It also has a small runway on top of the vessel where VTOL craft and Bullheads to land on, and can enter a hangar so they can be locked up. The ship also has robotic arms underneath it as to grab objects or look around objects. The Explorer has a crew of 60. The craft has a top speed of 46mph underwater, while airborne can go at the same speed.

At the helm of the ship was none other than the leader of the R.G.D.F, Winter Schnee. Winter is a tall and fair-skinned young woman with slate-blue eyes. She has her white hair tied up in a bun, high on the left side of the back of her head, while her bangs are shaped around the right side of her face, a small curled lock of hair reaching almost to her left shoulder. Winter is wearing a white collared undershirt, a necktie that connects to her new brooch, and a girdle underneath the lapels of her coat. She wears navy blue gloves and pants and sports a Dust pouch around her waist.

Winter stood on the command deck. It was vast, with an upper and lower level, with many control stations to help run the ship; some help on scans, others keep the ship moving and all. There's all sorts of small hologram projectors; one was right in the middle of the Bridge, which showed Remnant, plus a 2nd projector on the far left of the room, which showed what was underwater from the seafloor, plus scans of life and the last projector on the far right showed the ship itself. The crew of the ship were working tirelessly to keep the vessel going, their mission being to explore below the waves of Remnant to see what lies beneath.