Chapter Sixty-Five: Solar Station Disaster

Out by the far reaches of the sun, there is a scientific space station codenamed Fire Star. It's mission is to monitor and collect data from the sun itself back to Remnant. The vessel is 420 tonnes in weight, while its 229.4ft long, with a width of 357.5ft, and an orbital speed of up to 27,600km/h (17,100mph). It had a small crew mainly 6 people, and the station is  in high orbit of the sun, always staying clear as to keep it safe.

The space station was under the command of Jessica White. She is the daughter of a rich man on Remnant, who helped to finance the construction of the station. She has purple long hair, red eyes, while she is 26 years of age. She is 5ft 5" tall, and has a slim body with a pronounced chest. She also has on a white short skirt Atlas uniform.

Jessica walked into the command centre of the station

Jessica walked into the command centre of the station. "Progress report." She asked.

A man turned to her. "All good so far. We're getting a lot of data. Ready to transmit it back to Atlas." He reported in.

Jessica smiled and turned to a fox Faunus woman. "Send the data link to Atlas. Then, we'll start getting more data after the link done." She said.

"Yes, ma'am." The woman acknowledged, then started the link, as the data they collected over the past 5 months is being sent out. "Done. Data should reach Remnant by tomorrow morning."

"Good." Jessica nodded, as she goes around asking for more reports.

Meanwhile, in another section of the space station, where the thrust functions and one of the labs are location, a man could be seen as he was planting something all over the walls and floors.

This man is a  tall middle-aged man with a slim build and slightly tanned skin. He has short black and grey hair as well as a thick mustache and eyebrows, and green eyes. He has on a gray overcoat with yellow linings, a yellow dress shirt and a black necktie. His pants are the same colour as his overcoat. His yellow button undercoat and fingerless gloves match his cordovan shoes, under which he wears yellow socks. Additionally, he has four rings on each of his hands.

This person is Arthur Watts, an associate of The Hood and Cinder Fall, and a disgraced former scientist from Atlas, who faked his own death in a Paladin Incident.

Arthur smiled. "I will make my lady proud when i get rid of Ozpin's kids." He said as he smirked. He left the room in a spacesuit, heading to the vents. He made his way to a safe place, before sliding out the vent and into a cupboard. "Let's put the plan to work." He said, and pressed a button.

The whole station suddenly shook violently, as part of the station blew apart. The lights began to flicker and blink, with screens flickering in the process as well. The station groaned and there was the sound of buckling metal.

Inside the commander centre, Jessica held onto her chair for life. "What happened?" She asked.

"Unknown. We just had a huge explosion on the starboard sure.... we've also had a decompression since sector Delta, and- oh, no." An Officer muttered.