Chapter Thirty-Six: Ambush!

A/N: I'd like to thank kieron0103 for helping me out on this.

~*~*~
Previously...

"Alright. Well, let's do a check before we go." Kieron nodded in acknowledgement. "Let's go over the checklist. Navigation/Helm."

"Check." Sarah acknowledged, flipping some switches.

Kieron looked at Jonson. "Weapons."

Jonson nodded. "Ready." He looked to the console. "We'll be ready for whatever happens out here."

Kieron nodded. "Radar and Comms." He asked.

Apps smiled. "Check."

Kieron looked to Apps. "Airframe."

Apps checked over the main screens of the crafts loaded up into the Yamato. "All Thunderbirds are locked in and ready."

Kieron nodded. "Okay, then." The engines on the Yamato fire up at once, and the craft began to fly on through the depths of space, going through the asteroid belt towards the five planets.

Unbeknown to the crew, they were being watched by a small group of unknown ships. Something was about to happen.

~*~*~

The Yamato began to fly around, soon nearing the edge of the asteroid belt. The craft and crew soon passed by nearby planets. Their mission was complete; they have saved the person in danger, who turned out to be their mother Akira, and they were now on their way home.

Sarah pulled a lever next to her. "Cutting out sub-engines." She called, the two engines cutting out, the Yamato coming to a stop.

"Okay. Let's go over the checklist one last time." Kieron spoke up. "Navigation/Helm."

"Check." Sarah acknowledged, flipping some switches.

Kieron looked at Jonson. "Weapons."

Jonson nodded. "Ready." He looked to the console. "We'll be ready for whatever happens out here."

Kieron nodded. "Radar and Comms." He asked.

Apps smiled. "Check."

Kieron looked to Apps. "Airframe."

Apps checked over the main screens of the crafts loaded up into the Yamato. "All Thunderbirds are locked in and ready."

Kieron nodded, as the lights on the Bridge go blue. "Powering up the T-Drive engine. Going into blue alert."

Apps looked at the readings of the T-Drive. "T-Drive online."

Jonson checked on the gauges and screens. "All systems are still green."

Kieron nodded and smiled. "Sarah, when you're ready."

Sarah nodded. "Counting down in 5.... 4..... 3..... 2..... 1..."

Before anyone could say anything, a laser beam struck the Yamato, causing an explosion to go off at the stern, the ship shaking in response, as an alarm goes off inside of the Bridge.