Chapter Twenty-Two: Another Mountain Rescue

On Martin Island, things seem to have gone silent for the teenagers on the island. For one thing, after the Ocean Pioneer fiasco about two weeks back, there hasn't been any rescue calls from anywhere in the world, so far. With the OD-60 in the Altesian Ocean, the AllPets company had been ordered to move the whole 150,000 tonnes of the substance out of the area, and to the very coastline of Atlas, to keep the seaways clear, and to not have another Ocean Pioneer disaster happen again. The whole operation left a huge hole in the finances for AllPets.

Braedey was up at his desk, looking through the morning newspaper, while having a cup of coffee by his side, taking a look to see what's been going on in the world of Remnant. As he read through the morning issues, he then heard the sound of footsteps coming up. He looked from his newspaper to see Owen walk up into the living room.

"Morning, Braedey." Owen greeted, sitting down on the couch. "Another quiet day for us." He added.

"Well, Jen left early on Thunderbird Three to deliver supplies and gear for Andrea and Thunderbird Five." Braedey interjected next. "Blaze also left to do some spy runs to try and locate the TV-21 rocket. Both Ozpin and Goodwitch mentioned they had seen some kind of carrier vessel with the rocket possibly in Menagerie." He added in.

"So, it's just you, me, and Rin here on the island." Owen muses to himself, leaning back on the couch. "Feels like today is gonna be one of those calm days, right?" He asked.

"That maybe. But you never know what'll happen, especially with us in International Rescue." Braedey reminded to him.

"Agreed." Rin walked in, with her own cup of coffee. "Today is a good day, but we'd best be ready for anything to happen." She added.

Braedey then received a text message from Ozpin, so he checked on what it is. "Oh. Looks like Team RWBY has gone off to Atlas for a school trip." He informed to the others, as a map of Remnant appeared in the middle of the room. "They've gone off to the mountains outside of Atlas with Professor Port, along with Teams JNPR, CRDL, and two members of Team CFVY."

"They should be careful out there. Who knows what could be out there in the mountains." Owen advised to himself.

"Agreed." Braedey spoke up, before taking a sip of his coffee.

~*~*~

The mountains of Atlas

The mountains of Atlas. These towering peaks and cliffs tower up to many heights, some of the taller ones reaching over 90,000ft above sea level, with the smaller being around 300ft or lower. The peaks remain covered in snow and ice throughout all four seasons, all the while showing off for many photographers and painters to take a good look at it.

At one of the sloping mountains, a bullhead aircraft with Beacon Academy markings on it sits out on a small flat section of land, with Professor Port standing nearby, alongside Velvet and Coco, with Teams RWBY, JNPR, and CRDL arming their tools and weapons, ready for action.