Chapter Forty: Project Zero-XL Launch!

Previously...

"When do we take off?" Ruby asked, running up. She was more then eager to get airborne and into space.

"Hold your horses, kiddo." Qrow spoke up to Ruby, the leader of Team RWBY ecstatic once she saw her favourite uncle. "There's still some work to be done."

"Qrow is right. There's still come checks to be done before the Zero-XL can launch." Pietro agreed, walking up in his leg-chair. He turned to Braedey. "What time shall you all be leaving?" He asked.

"At 0900 hours tomorrow morning." Braedey announced. "We should get some shut-eye before we get going."

"I agree." Ozpin nodded in agreement.

Soon enough, the launch of the Zero-XL shall commence...

~*~*~

The next day, the sun began to rise on the launch platform of the Zero-XL. Today, it was the day of the Zero-XL for the Oort-Cloud, and to search for Kieron and the Yamato. It was now time for action.

Down on the launch pad, Braedey, Owen, Jen, Rin, and Blaze looked up to the supership of a spacecraft. They were in their International Rescue uniforms, all of them ready. They all had done the easy part of building the Zero-XL. Now, the hard part was flying off to the Oort-Cloud, and getting to Kieron and his team, as well as deal with any hostile forces.

Just then, Teams RWBY and JNPR walked up to the five International Rescue teens, all of them ready to go. They were all donned in space-worthy jumpsuits in their respected colours with the International Rescue logo on the left breast, their symbol on the right breast, while having gloves and boots in their secondary colours. Also, they had helmets that go with their suits, with their logos on them.

"Okay. Is everyone ready to go?" Braedey asked to them.

"As ready as we can be." Ruby saluted to Braedey.

"All of our weapons are loaded up, and ready for us when we go." Weiss informed with a salute.

"Everyone else is ready for action." Yang added in. She punched her open palm for emphasis. "Let's light this candle!"

"Indeed." Everyone looked over to see Ozpin walking up, and he had his own International Rescue uniform on, and in his colours. "I'll be accompanying you in this endeavour."

"But, Professor Ozpin. What about Beacon?" Ruby asked.

"Miss Rose, it's okay. I've already got Professor Goodwitch as acting headmaster until we come back home." Ozpin reassured to Ruby.

"Okay. That sounds like good news." Braedey then looked to the Zero-XL. "Let's get our toughest mission underway."

Sure enough, the team got onboard the Zero-XL, strapping into their seats. The control deck is located at the front section of the ships main body, with three seats up front, while there's two seats on the port and starboard side of the control deck, each seat having their designated position, either as telemetry, engines, or airframe. There's also some seats for Teams RWBY and JNPR to sit in, as well as a spot for Ozpin.