Chapter Seventeen: Space Mission Turns Deadly

Down in Thunderbird Two's hangar bay up on Martin Island, Rin and Owen have been working round the clock to make sure the Pod Vehicles were all ready for action and armed to the teeth with tech, along with forming new types of armour, all of them ready for when they are needed.

Rin, after working on some of the armour, takes off the welding mask she had on, and wipes at the sweat on her forehead. "I'm gonna need some headache pills after all this." She muttered to herself, as she takes a seat nearby, and looked over to what she has been working on. "At least they're all done." She commented.

The first of the armours is codenamed 'Icebreaker'. The armour is in blue with silver armour plating, while standing 6"5' tall. It also features a triangular shaped core together with its chestplate. It was designed for energy amplification and redirection, and thus has a distinctive body shape, being angular and polygonal. The plating is not boxy and square like like its predecessors, but more sleek and triangular, giving it a sharp, crisp look. The armour's systems is built to withstand ice-cold conditions, and travel deeper in ice and in the cold, while having a built-in thermal system to keep the user warm inside. The armour has flight systems like boosters and thrusters, along with bow and stern thrusters when travelling underwater. It also uses an advanced technology that allows the armour to wrap itself around anyone's body, without the aid of robotic arms or any external mechanicals, so it can flexibly open itself to allow one to enter into the suit and automatically wrap itself around anyone, anywhere at anytime. The armour has a laser cutter in the wrists, along with water cannons in the palms, which the hands can also turn into drills, along with a flamethrower in case some ice needs melting.

The second armour on the list is called 'Dark Shadow'. This armour is in a stealthy black paint scheme with some silver highlights. It has the weapon to hack into the main computer systems of ships, sentries, main software programs, and can even form a holographic projection of other robots around its body to hide itself or even project it from afar. With its rocket boosters and jet thrusters, it can travel up to Mach 3-5, and thanks to a stealth diffuser, it remains hidden from any and all radar trackers. This armour also has built-in camouflage armour plating to hide against any object or surface, and not be seen at all. This suit can collapse its armour plating to allow the user to step in and out of the suit seamlessly.

The third armour is a weapons platform simply named as 'War Machine'. This armour features a bulkier design compared to some of the others. Having digital version of the classic black/grey colour scheme, the overall suit's design is similar to that of the prototype armour but redesigned and altered. 16 micro-RTs covering the suit's body provide additional power. It also features an advanced arsenal of wrist-mounted 20mm micro-cannons on the upper and lower forearms, six micro-bombs in the backpack unit, two pods of micro-missiles on the shoulders, two micro-missile based micro-mortars stored in the backpack, and a collapsible triple-barrel chain railgun on the backpack, featuring automatic targeting system that engages targets without user's input. The suit features an advanced version of Gold-Titanium Alloy with self-repairing capabilities, making it rather durable. The armour amplifies the user's strength to extreme levels using an advanced exoskeleton. The suit is also capable to withstand extremely powerful strikes and blasts while being completely bulletproof. The armour has advanced flight stabilisers with additional thrusters in shins of both legs, and on collapsible repulsor wings on the back. The backpack unit mounted on suit's back features repulsor wings for stabilised flight, the missile mortar batteries and chain railgun.

The fourth suit is a unique and rather new style of armour. This has been called 'Iron Spider', simply since it looks like a spider in some aspects. The armour is in a red with golden highlights and black sections across the suit, while the red sections look to be shaped like spider webbing. This armour is a brand-new model, but can wrap itself around anyone's body, without the aid of robotic arms or any external mechanicals, so it can flexibly open itself to allow one to enter into the suit and automatically wrap itself around anyone, anywhere at anytime. The armour is also capable of manifesting four gold spider-legs from the rear spider symbol, controlled through the suit's neural interface, granting one greater maneuverability and control while navigating various terrain. It also has a self-contained environmental protection system, allowing the user to breathe in some conditions. It can also shoot what could be a type of super-sticky liquid that can form types of spider webs, along with water cannons on the palms, and some defence systems.