Chapter Thirty-Three: Dealing with Parents

After Kieron and Jeff had returned home with Braedey and the Thunderbird X crew, things seemed to be going back to normal. Well, as normal as a specialised and top-secret Rescue organisation could be. For Kieron and his family, they finally have a sense of normality back, and it was relieving for them. When both Penny and Pietro welcomed Kieron home, they met Eve, and were intrigued by her. So, the android went with both Penny and Pietro to Atlas to stay with them for the time being, and Eve will be going to Beacon so she can train to become a hero like Kieron.

For Jeff, he saw how well and efficient both of the International Rescue teams operate, which made him feel proud of what he's accomplished. However, he felt rather left out of the loop. Kieron and Braedey both understood what he was feeling, but fortunately and rather surprisingly, General Ironwood stepped in, and he offered Jeff a position at one of Atlas' airbases, so he could provide assistance and ideas for concepts of new aircraft, see what faults some of the designers and mechanics have done that he could rectify. Jeff wasn't too certain about this, so they settled into a compromise, so Jeff can work with both International Rescue teams, while giving some time with the Atlas Air Force.

Unfortunately, for Kieron, he's not been feeling at his best. He's not been feeling well, for he's been having a lack of sleep since he got back from being in space. He's been having nightmares about what happened, and had been staying over on Martin Island for the time being until he recovered. Braedey was happy to help him out with whatever he needs.

~*~*~

A gentle sunrise welcomes forth a brand new day for International Rescue and Martin Island. Braedey was in the lounge with a cup of coffee in his hand, looking at a holographic globe of Remnant, looking at the different landmarks and cities that were around the world.

At that moment, he looked over to see Blaze and Kieron walking up into the room. He smiled to the two, then handed them cups of coffee, as they relax in the couches.

"I still can't thank you and the others enough for what you two have done to rescue me." Kieron said to Braedey and Blaze.

"It's the least we could do." Blaze shrugged. "I mean, if it were one of us out there, you and your team would've done the same." He added on.

"He's pretty right about that." Braedey agreed. "We all stick together, through thick and thin, and no matter what happens."

"Thanks so much again." Kieron smiled gently. He then noticed Braedey looking at the globe, more specifically, over to the continent of Mistral. "Braedey? Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"I'm just thinking about Yang and Ruby's parents. More specifically, Raven." Braedey replied back. "Blaze mentioned a while back, he encountered Miss Branwen after dealing with some bandits from her tribe. She also warned him about something, and that was that, until she had just vanished." He finished up.

"But, there's also the fact that Taiyang doesn't know about Ruby and Yang being a part of International Rescue." Blaze added in next. "If we're going to let Yang and Ruby be part of the team, we'll have to tell them." He turned to Braedey. "And you want to do that alone."

"Best to do so." Braedey shrugged to him. He got to his feet. "I'll head off to Patch first, and talk to Taiyang."

"Take care, partner." Blaze said to him.

"And try not to cause an issue." Kieron advised, Braedey smiling to him.

Braedey walked over to the nearby Beacon Tower wall. A second later, the picture and wall spin around 180°, Braedey now facing to see his uniform. He steps closer to them, just as the section of floor rises up to the aircraft bay, as he changes into his uniform. Once done that, he looked over to see Thunderbird One.