Chapter Fifty: Atlas Thunderbirds

It has been almost a week now since the events of what happened with the attack by Cinder's attack in Martin Island, with both Thunderbird Fives being hit and the events which lead up to the battle in an old temple. 

Andrea and Lily had both healed up and are back on their feet, and in the week, the two of them, plus Jen and Sarah, had been working on fixing up both Thunderbird Fives.

~*~*~

Today was Sunday, and they were heading back up to carry on repairs. On, Martin Island, Jen and Andrea get onto the couch. Then, the couch suddenly lowered itself down into the underground, as another couch takes its place.

Jen and Andrea are given their uniform/spacesuits, as the couch continues down to the launch bays. Once they both change into their uniforms, the couch stops down to the concrete floor, and the two began to walk their way down the tunnel. Soon, Jen and Andrea reached the hangar for Thunderbird Three. They both step onto the platform with the robot arm attached to it. The robot arm starts to lift up the platform towards the open hatch on the grey finned section of Thunderbird Three, and both Andrea and Jen climb into the red rocket, as the arm lowers down back to its original position. Jen climbs into the front seat, strapping herself in, with Andrea in the next seat, and prepare for liftoff, as the silo doors shut to seal the rocket silo.

5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

Thunderbird Three's main engines fire all at once, as the red rocket begins to rise up through the silo

Thunderbird Three's main engines fire all at once, as the red rocket begins to rise up through the silo. Once it reaches the top of the silo, it flies through the central ring of the island's library, heading forth into the blue sky above, going off into space, a tower of smoke in its wake. 

"Thunderbird Three is go." Jen said as they head off in to space

~*~*~

At the same time on Ozpin Island, Sarah and Lily were both getting ready for the launch.

Both Sarah and Lily take a seat on the couch in the lounge of the Ozpin Villa. Sarah presses a concealed button. On the signal, the couch lowers through the floor, to the waiting trolley below and locks in to place on the trolley and as the trolley begins its swift journey, an identical couch slides onto the lift and quickly rises to the lounge as a replacement.

Sarah and Lily is then carried along the track, and into the huge silo containing Thunderbird Three itself. Coming to rest directly below the spaceship, the couch is then lifted up through the central Entry Hatch - and up to the lounge-level of TB3, where it locks into position. The lift retracts, and the spaceship is sealed.
Sarah gets up and enters the elevator, which takes her up to the control cabin with Lily and when there the 2 girls quickly changes into uniform, and engages the automatic countdown. At the same time, the silo door below the Round House opens - revealing blue sky and white clouds, far overhead. While the trolley retracts into the tunnel, natural daylight floods the vast interior of the silo as the 2 girls sat in the Control Cabin and straped to there seats and a count down starts.