Chapter Twenty-Six: Struck Without Warning

After the Airshow, things have soon returned to normal, and all had settled down for International Rescue. Braedey made relationships with Robyn and General Ironwood, the two even making amends, with the Atlas military providing materials to repair the walls around Mantle, as well as strengthen hospitality.

For the crimes he had committed, as well as the many charges against Faunus that he had abused and forced to work as slaves at the mines, Jacques Schnee had been sent off to the high-security space prison known as The Hex, which is located on the dark side of Remnant's shattered moon. At the same time, Willow Schnee, Jacques' wife and the mother of Weiss and Winter, had appointed herself as temporary CEO of the Schnee Dust Company, and had been starting to do a number of charities to Faunus who need help wherever they can.

And to everyone's surprise, Willow had informed to General Ironwood and International Rescue about some dirty little secrets that Jacques had been up to, had done in the past, and what he's been planing on doing. The main thing that's shocking is the plan Jacques had; he planned to steal the Thunderbirds one by one, and take them to someone in Vale, where he and whoever he's working for, would use them to get rid of International Rescue.

All the while, nobody seems to know exactly who Jacques was aligned with, which gave many of those in the military and International Rescue with concern. They have to keep on their toes, just in case anything happens in the upcoming future.

~*~*~

In Atlas, Jacques was sitting by the wall of his jail cell, which was at the RGDF base for the time being. Until all is said and done, he'll be there until he's sent off to The Hex.

At that moment, General Ironwood walked up to the cell, knocking against the bars of the cell. "You've come to gloat, have you?" Jacques scoffed at him.

General Ironwood stared sternly at the Schnee male. "For your crimes that you have committed at the Airshow and in the past, you are being transferred to the joint Atlas/RGDF space prison known as The Hex." He stated firmly at Jacques. "Nobody is going to be seeing you for a long, long time."

Jacques smirked at Ironwood. "And that makes the world a better place?" He laughed at this. "I happen to know what's coming next, James. If you and International Rescue thought I was bad..." He chuckled darkly. "Just you wait. I know what's going to happen, and let's just say, it will tear International Rescue apart, and I will be free."

Ironwood narrowed his eyes, and looked at Jacques dead in the eye. "I'll make this clear and simple. Tell us; who are you working for?" He demanded.

Jacques just spat in Ironwood's face. "Never."

Ironwood doesn't react at first, but wiped the spit off his face. He glared at Jacques. "See you later then, Jacques." With that, he turned on his heel, and began to walk away.

Jacques looked to see someone over at the door. He saw there was an RGDF soldier standing nearby, armed with a rifle. The soldier walked over to the cell with a smirk on his face, just as what could be static forming across the face, and it then revealed itself to be The Hood himself.

"What were you thinking, Jacques?" The Hood asked incredulously to the former CEO of the S.D.C.

Jacques looked at him, backing up a bit to the wall. He was hesitant. "Now, now. Let's not do anything hasty. I did what you wanted; I stole a Thunderbird-"

The Hood growled darkly at the arrogant male. "And did I get said Thunderbird? No, I did not." He snapped at Jacques. "You are a fool. But luckily, I have a new plan to take over where you failed to do so."