Chapter Sixteen: Thunderbirds Are Go

Down in the warehouses in Vale, in the dead of the night, Mercury and Emerald were taking a look at a TV, watching over the news, some of the news showing the most recent exploits of International Rescue. Some of the exploits were that of many of the rescues that did occur earlier on through the week.

Mercury have out a scoff. "Not like they've done anything spectacular like we have." He said.

"You're just jealous of them." Emerald snickered a little, much to Mercury's annoyance and frustration. "It's not like you have anything that can be better than them."

"Why you..." Mercury growled. He was about 10 seconds away from kicking Emerald in the head but...

"Enough." The two teens look over to see Cinder walking over to them, a small yet mischievous smirk on her face. "Our time is near. Their time is almost over." Her smirk sharpens.

"Cinder." Emerald shuts off the TV, and walked up to her. "Is there something on your mind?" She asked.

"Well, word has been brewing across Remnant about International Rescue." Cinder replied to her question, her eye looking over to some newspapers that show of International Rescue in action. "So, it's our time to act and strike again, and make International Rescue quiver in fear of us all."

"What do you have in mind, Cinder?" Mercury asked. He really wants to have a bit of fun with the crew of the Thunderbirds.

"A new pleasure liner will dock down in Atlas, preparing for its departure to Vacuo." Cinder started to explain about her plan. "I believe we should leave a little present for International Rescue while we're there, and let the party begin with a bang."

Mercury and Emerald smirk deviously to one another, as they take in the words of their mentor. They turn to her, and pay their fullest attention.

"You two are to place the explosive down nearby the large fuel storage tanks." Cinder tells them. "It has a timed limit, so you'd best get out of there before things get too... toasty." She snickers at her bad pun. "As for me, I'll be by one of the warehouses nearby, awaiting their arrival." She added.

"What about Torchwick?" Mercury asked next.

"Oh, forget about him. Let him be. This is important." Cinder shrugged it off. She smirked evilly, her eyes glowing in the darkness, as she ignited her left hand in an orange and gold flame. "Soon, International Rescue will cease to be.... and nobody will be left to save anyone..." She gives a small and dark evil laugh, while Mercury and Emerald stand behind her.

~*~*~

~*~*~

Atlas Dockyard. One of the busiest ports and harbours in Remnant. Dust ships and heavy goods trains come and go from this very port, delivering and exporting tonnes of Dust, intended to be transported all around the world.