Chapter 11

Unedited

   The longer I sat in Phil's office, I grew even more bored of coloring. Phil has been in the same meeting for two hours on counting. When we left this morning I forgot my phone, so the only thing I had to to was color. I looked up from my coloring book when I heard the elevator door open. "I told that he's not in here." I heard
Andrew, Mr. Johnson, say as Rebecca walked into the room. He walked in behind her. I quickly covered the coloring book and crayons with my jacket. "Oh, Mr. Howell, I forgot you were in here." Andrew when he saw me. Rebecca looked at me in discuss. "Why is he in here when Mr. Lester is not?" She asked turning to Andrew, who rolled his eyes at her. "I don't see why that concerns you," he looked at me, "can I get you anything while I'm not busy?" He asked. I glanced at my jacket. "A book? if there's one anywhere in this place... I'm just really bored." He laughed. "I'll see what I can do," he looked to Rebecca, "as f-" "I can just sit here with Dan, he doesn't mind." They both looked at me. I went to open my mouth but closed it when the elevator door opened again. Phil walked into the room and stopped in his place when he saw Rebecca. "What are you doing here." He looked pissed to say the least. Andrew looked between the two. "I tired to tell her not to come up, but she didn't listen, Sir." Phil nodded at him. "Okay, thank you, Mr. Johnson... you are excused." He nodded before walking to the elevator. "As for you, you can either walk out on your own... or I can call security." She huffed dramatically before falling Andrew to the elevator. When the doors closed Phil walked over to me. "You look bored," I chuckled, "you're not in little space are you?" I shook my head. He smiled before pulling my to my feet. I squealed, surprised by his action. "I'm free right now, would you like some lunch?" He asked. I nodded. He walked over to his desk to grab his keys. "What would you like?" He questioned turning to me. I shrugged causing him to laughed. I watched him closely as he walked up to me. I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. "Are you shrugging because you don't know or... are you shrugging because you don't want my to spend my money on you still." I looked away from him and shrugged again. He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. He then kissed me. I felt my face starting to warm up. The elevator door dinged, we pulled away and looked over. "Sorry, Sir, I didn't mean to interup... Dan asked me to fetch him a book to read." Andrew said looking at Phil consciously. I looked at his hands to see a book I've never read before. "Oh, here... I didn't know what kind of books you like, so I picked up something random." He said as he walked over. When he handed my the book I looked at the cover. "Thank you." I looked at him and smiled. He returned it. "You're welcome." He looked back at Phil. "Can I get you two anything for lunch?" Phil shook his head. "No, that's fine. We are going out for lunch, did you have you're lunch break yet?" Andrew shook his head. "No, Sir." Phil smiled. "Then what are you doing sitting here talking to us? Go grab something to eat... actually, take the rest of today off." Andrew smiled widely. "Thank you."

 Phil;

      Dan and I ended up going to some dinner, his choice. I wasn't arguing, I like the dinner. "Why are you looking at the menu like it's about to kill you?"  I asked Dan. He had his eyebrows scrunched togther as his eyes scaned the glossed paper. He looked up at me with an confused expression. I laughed. "What are you laughing at?" He asked tilting his head. I shook my head. I both looked back at the menu. "Do you know what you want?" He  looked down. "Can I's get a strawberry milkshake?" He asked looking up at me wide-eyed. I smiled at my little. "You have to get actual food, buddy," he huffed, crossing his arms, "but yes you can get a strawberry milkshake." A smile appeared on his face. "Can I get chicken nuggets?" He asked. I nodded. "Y-" I stopped when I saw the waitress walk our way. "Sorry for the wait, what can I get you?" She asked staring at Dan. I noticed that he sunk into his seat. "He'll have a strawberry milkshake, and the chicken nuggets and fries. I'll have a coffee, black, and a burger." The girl wrote it down. "Okay, I'll be back with your drinks in a few." With that she walked away. Dan shifted in his seat. "I's don't like her, she looked at like she wants to eat me." I laughed.