Chapter 18

Unedited

     I was woken up by my door beong opened, slowly. I didn't move, other than shiver slightly, nor did I open my eyes. I was too scared to do so. The floor creaked as the person walked over to the end of my bed, I was confused when I heard the chest at the end of my bed open then close shortly after. When the person sighed, I knew for sure it was Phil. I smiled slightly to myself, hoping he wouldn't see. I flinched lightly when I felt him lay down next to me. He pulled my back to his chest, which I allowed, following his action sleeping boy... pushing my body into his. I sighed lightly as Phil pulled a blanket over is and as he wrapping his arms around me, he then burried his head into my hair.

  After a little bit of silence, Phil spoke. "I think I love you." He whispered. My heart stopped, his words surprised me. Do I love him?

Phil:

    "Daddy!" Dan yelled scaring me awake. I quickly sat up to find that he was sitting on my lap. "What's wrong?" I asked, ignoring the pain in my head, before scaning him over, to make sure he wasn't hurt. When he started to giggle, I looked at him. "I's okay, Daddy." I sighed, relieved that he was okay. I brought my hand up and ran it through his hair. He closed his eyes and made a happy sound. "Why don't I make some breakfast, okay?" He opened his eyes. "But... yous have to work," I frowned, "I'll be okay, I- I can make something for myself." He then climbed off of me and walked out of the room, leaving me shocked. I blinked a few times, trying to get rid of my tears.

   I walked into the kitchen to find Dan sitting in the floor crying. I quickly made my way over to him, sitting down in front of him. "Dan?" I whispred causing him to bring his head out of his hand in surprise. "Yous still here?" He sounded so sad and broken. I leaned forward to wipe his tears. "Yeah, I'm still here... I- I'm not working today." That made his eyes brighten up.

    There was a knock on the door, I stood up causing Dan to grab my hand. I looked down at him. "No, stay." He pouted. No smiled slightly. "Kitten, I'm not leaving. Someone is at the door... while I answer it why don't you think about what I should make for breakfast." He let go and nodded hesitantly.

    When I opened the door, Chris pushed me against the wall. "Who the hell do you think you are! You fucking left him alone you absolute twat!" He yelled in a whisper like tone. PJ grabbed him and pulled him away. I just looked at him. "I- I woke up late and I didn't have time to call. If he needed anything he would of called one of us." I said. Chris laughed and PJ shook his head in disbelief. "Phil, you should know by know that he hates asking for thing, or even help, when someone is doing something. He'll sit there and wait for hours until the person is done." PJ told me. I felt like shit, I'm a dick. "He didn't eat." Chris whispered. I tilted my head. "What?" I questioned. "I called him, and when he said he was alone... I asked if he are anything. He told me he did, but I knew he was lying." It felt like I was just hit by a train. I'm such a fucking horible person, I was gone for hours and he never ate. I never even called him. "Phil, are you crying?" Chris asked. I looked at him. "I failed."

  I walked back into the kitchen. Dan was sitting on the counter. I made my way over to him, standing between his legs. "What's wrong?" He asked, looking very concerned. I bit my lip. "I know this if a horrible thing to ask, but can you age up." He looked at me as if I asked him to shoot me. "I'm not in little space, I aged up after you left the room so I could help with breakfast, why what's up?" I looked down. Come on Phil, you need to don this.

   "Chris and PJ are packing up your things... you're going to stay with them again." He looked at me with the most hurt expression. "I- you're getting rid of me?  but..." He then burst into tears. I back away, knowing that if I tried to help, I'd change my mind. This is what's best for him, I told myself.  "Dan, it's what's best for you. After what I did yesterday, I can't keep you here. I left you alone for more than ten hours... you didn't even eat." He just kept crying.

   "We pack him stuff for tonight, well get the rest tomorrow." Chris said standing in front of the door, Dan was standing next to him staring at me... pleading for my to let him stay. I nodded at Chris. "Okay, I'll make sure to keep the door unlocked." He gave me a slight nod. He then wrapped one arm around Dan. "Come on, PJ is waiting in the car." Dan sighed, letting Chris lead him out. Before he walked fully out the door he turned to me, tears falling down his face again. "and here I thought you loved me." He cried out before leaving.