Chapter 31

unedited

  Phil sat Michael onto the couch, he ended up falling asleep in the car on the way home. "Dan," he turned around to face him, "how about some ice cream?" The younger smiled and nodded.

  They got to the kitchen and Dan sat down. He watched Phil as he walked over to the freezer to grab ice cream.

"I used to have an older sister." Dan said looking down at his fingers. Phil sat down the bowls on to the counter before looking at Dan. "What happened to her?"

Dan shrugged. "No clue honestly. She just disappeared. She hasn't messaged any of us or called. All we know is that she fell in love and she wanted to be with him." Dan hates talking about her, she was the family mistake. She was the product of infidelity which caused Dan's parents to fight for years about it, the day Amber went missing was the day his father stopped yelling at their mom.

A bowl was sat in front of Dan. "I'm sure she's okay. Now, eat your snack so we can go to bed." Dan smiled at him.

"I take it now it would be weird to call you Daddy?" Dan asked as he sat down into the bed. Phil sighed as he pulled off his shirt he then chuckled and looked at Dan. "It's not weird for me, he has always called me Dad... but if you find it wired then that's fine."

He laid down and Dan crawled over and smuggled up against him. "I love you, Daniel."
"I love you too, Daddy."

"Dad! There is someone in the kitchen!" Michael yelled shaking Phil. His father groaned as he pulled Dan closer to him."Go back to sleep." He whispered tiredly.

"But Dad! Someone is in the kitchen!" He repeated this time waking Dan up, who slipped out of Phil's grip. "Come on, let's go check it out."

The two made it to the living room when what sounded like a pot hit the floor making both of them squeal. Michael ran and hid behind the couch when the sound a foot steps came towards them, Dan just stood there wide eyed.

"Mr. Lester I d- Oh! Daniel I am so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Rain, the cook, said. Dan let out the breath he didn't know he was holding. "It's fine, I didn't suspect you'd be here so soon." She smiled. "I'm just here to drop off some groceries and tidy a few things. Could you tell
Mr. Lester I stopped by?" I nodded.

After Rain left, Dan and Michael decided to watch a movie. The two were snuggled up watching Winnie the Pooh. Both snacking on dry cereal while they waited for Phil to wake, even though he was already.

The two were to focused on the Tv, neither of them noticed Phil walk thought the room, not with out taking a photo, and into the kitchen to make breakfast.

He was happy they were getting along. The thought of Dan telling him he had to chose scared him, but he was happy when Dan expected it. What to make, Phil walked over to the fridge, this will do.

The sound of a cupboard door shutting made the two sitting on the couch jump and look at each other. "What was that?" Michael asked wide eyed. The older shook his head with the same expression as the other. "Go check it out." "Why me?" Dan whispered harshly.

"Because you're the adult." Dan chuckled, only if you knew. "Okay, fine."

They both got of the couch and slowly approached the kitchen. Both not making a sound.

When they reached their destination. Dan peaked his head in. What the fuck, there's no one "What are you two doing?" Both boys let out a scream before Michael ran back to the living room and Dan fell on his ass.

Phil started chuckling. "That wasn't funny." Dan pouted crossing his arms. The older walked over and pulled him to his feet. "Sit down and eat. Mikey! get back in here." Dan walked over and sat down just as the kid walked in. "What did you make?"

"Pancakes, eggs, and home fries. There's juice in the fridge." He answered as he walked over to his chair.

"Dad?" Michael spoke as he looked up at Phil, who was talking to Dan about dinner at his parents. The adults looked at him. "Yes?" He leaned forward slightly causing his son to smiled, but it soon disappeared. "Why does mom not like you?"

Dan saw Phil swallow before he stood up catching his attention. "Where are you going?" Dan looked between the two, "I thought that maybe you'd want to di-" "sit down," he did as told and Phil turned back around to Michael, "she doesn't like me because I'm not straight. She thinks that I lead her on or whatever." Phil told him. "Is that why Aunt Holly didn't want me to come here?" Dan tilted his head slightly. Yuck, now all I can hear is Ambers sister.

"Yeah, now come on and eat. We have things to do today."