Chapter 27

Unedited

Dan sighed as he walked onto his child hood porch. He didn't really want to be there, but there he was. He knocked twice and waited.

  When the door opened he was pulled into a hug. He froze, not really expecting this kind of welcoming. "We are so sorry, we over reacted." Dan just looked at the woman in front of him. "I think I have the wrong house." He went to turn around but him Mom grabbed his arm. "Please come in."

   "Honey, look who was knocking." Dan's Father looked up from his news's paper and looked at Dan wide-eyed. Who flinched as his Dad stood up. "Dan, I-" "I'll leave, sorry for coming over." before he could turn around his Dad hugged him. This shocked Dan even more then the hug from his Mom. "Why don't you sit down. You're Mom was just making breakfast."

   Dan sat in his chair quietly, scared that if he spoke he'd be yelled at. He didn't even look at them. "So, Dan. How are you doing, are you eating okay? are you safe, do you need anything?" His mom asked casing her son and husband to laugh. "I'm okay... Mom. Phil is taking good care of me." She smiled at him before turning back to the stove. "How come he didn't come with you?" Mr. Howell asked. Dan sighed then started chucking.

  "Well, you're not his favorite people... and he's on a business trip at the moment." He told him. His Dad nodded looking at the table. "I understand, when he gets back. Why don't you bring him over for dinner. I want to apologize to him." Dan gave hike a weary look.  Is today backwards day? or maybe I'm dead? W- "Dan?" I snapped his gaze to his mom. "Yeah?"  "Where are you staying then?" I laughed. "Mom, I'm staying at Phil's... considering I live there." She started laughing. "You're not staying there alone. We'll take you over for you to get some clothes."

----

Small update, I know.... but I had to come up with something so I can ask this;

   How do you feel about Dan's video. I literally cried the whole time.