Chapter 3: In Willow's town

Reference for her new clothes 👆

During the walk out of the forest, Lucian told me so many things about this world, and his home town and his family. It all sounded so magical and new. I was eager to make a life here.

Some of the more important things he told me was that the kingdom I was in, was called Girannon. Apparently, it was a kingdom renowned for its superiority in battle (which included physical and magical battle). Most of this worlds most praised fighters and mages/magicians/magic-users came from this world. He also told me that Girannon was one of the Great Four Kingdoms – The four most powerful and influential kingdoms in the world.

There were a few smaller surrounding nations, but in terms of politics, only the Great Four mattered. The Great Four Kingdoms were Girannon, Astonia, Erithien and Malesh. Each kingdom had its own trademark and royal family. Astonia was a kingdom full of scholars and learners. It is a highly intellectual society and is known for its huge libraries. Often the royal children of the smaller kingdoms were educated in Astonia. Erithien, on the other hand, was a trading kingdom, since it was located on the coast, and in the middle of all the other countries, it became a huge trading and merchant city. According to Lucian, all things were traded for, in Erithien. Lastly, there was Malesh, which was a kingdom known to be a very decadent and pleasure-seeking nation. This kingdom had lots of good farmland and thus produced the best crops and animals. As the kingdom was rich in resources very few people in that kingdom starved. It was a kingdom home to exquisite cuisine and decadent pleasures.

The way Lucian described everything only made me want to go out and explore this ridiculously awesome world more.

We finally arrived at Willow's town. It was a beautiful medieval-looking town, with cobblestone streets, and wooden houses with sharp-sloped roofs. A small river ran through the middle of the town and on each bank of the river pink and yellow flowers grew. The air was also so fresh and clean, something I was not used to living in New York.

But I suddenly felt very out of place in the small town when I realised that my clothes made me stand out. All the other women were wearing long skirts and corsets, while I stood in my black jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers. Actually, I wondered why Lucian hadn't asked me about my strange clothes, maybe he just hadn't noticed.

We walked along the side of the town, and I took in as much of the small town as I could. There were food stalls located on what looked like the main street. There were people wearing medieval clothes bustling through the town, all busy going about their business. Lucian and I stopped in front of what looked like a barn or a shed. He rolled the cart into the structure and used a large wooden block to balance it horizontally.

"There. I'll sell this tomorrow. Come with me." He commanded.

"Where are we going?" I asked confused as he began to briskly walk around the barn/shed and onto another cobblestoned street.