Chapter 56: The cloaked man

Astraea had not expected to enter the gates of heaven when she walked into Sedgwick's restaurant. It was apparently owned by the same people who owned Sophie's café, and after trying the mouthwatering desserts at the café she couldn't wait to try the food.

As she stepped through the door, she was surprised by how big it was, since Sophie's café was quite small. 

The interior of the restaurant was pale blue and white walls with varnished wooden floors. She quite liked the blue porcelain plates that were hung against the walls for decoration. Even though she had come early, only an hour after its opening, the restaurant was practically full.

A man dressed in a suit, escorted Astraea and her attendant to a table right next to the window so that they could have a view of the Harbor side.

As Astraea's eyes rolled down the menu she realized that she didn't recognize any of the items of the menu, so she was so glad that each meal came with a small but very accurate painting of what it looked like next to it.

She was really surprised to see that there was only one stew on the menu, since stew was such a popular dish in most kingdoms. Since she was here she decided that she would be brave and try something new, so she ordered the burger and chicken combo for her and her attendant to share.

When the food came she couldn't believe the amazing smell it was giving off, so enticing that she didn't hold proper eating form and immediately tucked in

When the food came she couldn't believe the amazing smell it was giving off, so enticing that she didn't hold proper eating form and immediately tucked in. As soon as she took a bite, she was in heaven. She had ascended ordinary culinary experiences and stepped into a world of pure cheesy, meaty, oily, salty bliss.

She groaned in satisfaction.

Astraea looked across the table to her attendant so see if she was having the same reaction. She laughed at what she saw. Her attendant's eyes were rolled all the way back in her head as she chewed on the huge bite she had just taken from the burger.

"Your Highness. This food is truly incredible." She moaned as she took another large bite.

The pair finished off the food on silence as she munched on their burgers and dipped their fried chicken into the sauce.

After they were finished they were completely satiated and could barely move, but vowed to come back later and try the other things on the menu.

Astraea and her attendant wobbled out of Sedgewick's restaurant with full bellies and satisfied smirks on their faces.

Meanwhile across the kingdom, the numerous Sophie's café's were opening up and people were charging through the doors to get a taste of the famed iced cream. At one point if felt like the whole kingdom was moaning with satisfaction after tasting the goods the café's had to offer.