Chapter 60: The latest fashion from Kreamore

Percival Peregrine

In the short span of a few months, Percival had gone from the useless only son of a well-off merchant family to the most praised and beloved member of his community. Nowadays, when he walked down the streets of the harbor side people would smile and wave, start up conversation and try and get into his good graces. He was no longer just useless old Percival, he was now Sir Percival. He was now the young man who had brought his family to riches by closing a deal with Sophie's cafe and becoming their exclusive distributor.

He was no longer the weak incompetent son of a merchant family, he was now the esteemed sir known for his good business tact. What gave him the most pleasure was his status within his family. At first his father had made it a point to chastise him about his lack of prospects and favor his little sister, but now whenever he walked into a room, his father would throw up his hand onto the air and exclaim.

"Ahh! My precious son has arrived!"

Above all things that made Percival smile the most, that and all the women who would wink at him as he walked the streets as he was now the most eligible bachelor on the Harbor side.

As Percival walked the streets, on his way to the café for his morning marshmellow hot chocolate and waffle, he smiled happily and greeted everyone on his way.

When he walked into the cafe he was greeted by the wonderful sight of the waitresses in their pink dresses and the cute bunnies hopping around in the yard.

"Good morning! Briony, Matilda, Henrietta, Blarthy, Verity, Suella and Roslynia!" He called out happily. He came to the cafe everyday and had naturally learned all of the girls names.

"Good morning Sir Percival!" They chimed back at him with smiles, their high pitched voice ringing together in harmony, only Matilda's croaky old tone stood out. All the women working at the cafe were so lovely with their big smiles and pretty pink dresses, Percival knew that quite a few of the customers came for the girls just as much as they came for the cake.

Percival took a seat at his favorite table and waited for Henrietta to bring him a newspaper and his hot chocolate like she always did while his waffle was cooking. Right on time, Henrietta walked over with the hot chocolate and Gismeadian on a tray. She carefully placed it down in front of him and gave him a happy smile.

"How is little Soren getting along at Godfrey's?" Percival asked while picked up the newspaper

Henrietta immediately blushed as a small grateful happiness spread across her face at the mentioning of her son.

"He is doing so well, he even learned to read and write and has made lots of friends. It's truly wonderful everything Lady Delton has done for us." Every night Henrietta made Soren send a prayer to the gods for Lady Delton. Since Soren was young he didn't quite understand the scope of what Lady Delton had done for him but he was a good son and listened to his mother, so every night when he prayed to the gods of magic, he put in a prayer for Lady Delton too.