Chapter 42: Resuscitation

"Your Highness." Lucian bowed to the prince. "It's better to keep in good spirits." Lucian grinned. Geoffrey laughed.

The knights quickly went to go and help Lord Gavriel and Lord Baratheon kill the last of the wolves. they continued to work in organized pairs to defeat the remaining wolves, and with that the battle quickly came to a conclusion.

At the sight of Lucian, Riley excitedly wiggled her way out of Geoffrey's grasp and off his horse to go and help him. Geoffrey couldn't hide his displeased expression as she hugged Lucian. Geoffrey's jaw clenched tight and he turned away from them, his bright eyes becoming dull.

Riley quickly got to work and healed Lucian With her spell.

"Thank you Riley." He smiled gratefully at her. She smiled back happily. Lucian frowned slightly as he looked down at her, he wasn't sure if he was imagining it, but it seemed like she had become even more beautiful these past few weeks in Gismead.

"What's wrong?" Riley was concerned that she hadn't healed him properly after seeing the frown on his face. Lucian simply shook his head in response, Riley looked at him curiously but didn't push an answer form him.

Riley then left his side to go and ask all the knights to round up the people who had survived, she was planning on casting one large healing spell over all of them so that she wouldn't waste time healing them individually.

The two surviving guards, Antony and Lord Gavriel sat down next to each other on a patch of soft grass in front of Riley, who began to visualized a healing dome going over them and then concentrated her healing spell inside the dome, so as the men breathed up the magic within the dome they could be healed. After she finished casting it, she stood back to observe her work and she was very pleased to see that it worked, as all four of them were beginning to be healed.

The men inside the dome were astonished by this magnificent healing spell that was able to heal them perfectly in just a few minutes.

Lord Baratheon on the other hand insisted that his wounds were not serious and instead went to let his son out of the carriage that he had locked him in.

Torryn was furious that his father had locked him inside the carriage while everyone else had fought with the demon wolves. Torryn knew that he was strong enough to take down a few wolves with his dark Magic, he was confident that he would have been able to. He gritted his teeth as his father unlatched the door of the carriage, freeing him from his cage.

"Why did you do that?" He growled at his father as he jumped out of the carriage. Lord Baratheon realized that he had angered his son when he looked down at his child's furious pale yellow eyes.

"Don't be cross Torryn." He reached down and pushed back the hood on Torryn's head, revealing a mop of black curly hair and ruffled his hair afectionately. "Today just wasn't your day to fight..." he replied gently to the boy.

"It could have been my day if you hadn't locked me up!" Torryn scowled. He resented his father for denying him the chance to prove himself. Torryn was a gifted dark magic user, at school the had been attending in Pathagonia, he was the best magical student, on top of that, he had been training in swordsmanship and fighting skills since he was five years old and yet when the opportunity finally arose to use his skills, his father had stopped him. Once again his father had tried to shelter him from the very things he was seeking out.

He glared at his father angrily, filled with frustration and resentment.

"You always do this to me..." his voice cracked a bit as he said those words. Lord Baratheon knew his son was strong, in fact much stronger than he had been as his age, he knew that if he hadn't locked him in the carriage he would have been able to kill at least one wolf by himself. However, as much as Lord Baratheon was proud of his son for his skill, he secretly wished that Torryn had not taken a liking to battle and magical combat. Lord Baratheon had fought in a war and devoted most of his life to magical combat, so he knew that it was not a happy life. It was not a life that he wished to pass down to his son. His wife's death was only a reminder that he did not want Torryn to be apart of this world, a world where people hurt and killed each other in the name of their kingdoms. However, he knew that he could not shield Torryn from this vicious world, especially if he would carry on seeking it out the way he did.