Chapter 17: My new home

Alissa (the maid who was attending me while I was staying with the marcellus's) and I where chatting in the room I had been staying in

Alissa (the maid who was attending me while I was staying with the marcellus's) and I where chatting in the room I had been staying in. She was telling me how wonderful life was going to be now that I was a noble, and she was gushing about all the importrant people I was going to meet.

"Oh! And now, everywhere you go people will address you as Lady Riley..." She said clasping her hands together and day dreaming while she talked to me.

"Oh Alissa, I am going to miss you." I said to her pouting.

I was going to miss Alissa, who was a really sweet person, a little bit simple and a little to obsessed with the young men of the other noble families, but she was a gem. She was the person who made me get used to having 'Lady's maid'. I realised how independent people were on earth, when at my stay with the Marcellus's, I was given a lady's maid who was supposed to help me get dressed help me bathe, then also always accompany me outside the mansion.

At first I had felt suffocated, but Alissa had been so sweet and kind and patient with me, that I got used to having her around all the time. I still wasn't quite used to the whole servant-master dynamic, and I wasn't sure that I wanted to get used to that dynamic... I was going to make sure that I treated my servants really well in my new house.

Alice had told me that most nobles regarded their servants as lesser than them, and it was common to find masters abusing or mistreating their servants. That really shocked me. I would never do that to my staff.

Then Alice walked in, "And me...? Aren't you going to miss me?" She said, pouting her lips as she stuck her head around the door.

I laughed, "Yes, yes, I'll miss you too..." I said opening my arms and waiting for a hug from her. She skipped over to me and gave me a big hug.

"You dont have to wory about your new staff milday. All of the servants that have been assigned to you are very good and hardworking, and I told all of them how nice and kind you are, so I'm sure you'll love them!" She said smilling widely.

"Thank you Alissa." I said gratefully. Leaning over to give her a hug.

"It was my pleasure milady!" her toothy grin got even wider.