Chapter 50: Lucian's father and The artifacts shop

Third Person

Lucian was seated at his desk in his drawing room, replying to Riley's invitation to go spend a week at her house in Hadrian, writing to tell her that he would be able to go, even though he hadn't asked for leave from his superiors yet. However, considering his great reputation and the extra knights shifts he had picked up during the year, he was sure that he would be granted as much leave as he wanted.

"Milord." Came the thin croaky voice of his head maid Mrs Drowdenia. "The cheesecake and apple pie from Sophie's café has been delivered. Would your lordship like for the treats to be served with tea when Prince Kristopher arrives?"

Lucian smiled at the thought of Riley's creamy buttery exquisite cheese cake. He grinned as he thought that only Riley would think of making a cake out of cheese. Sometimes he even thought that Riley was from another world because she was just so different from anyone in Girannon.

"Yes please do so Mrs Drowdenia." He replied while finishing off his letter to Riley.

The idea of spending a relaxing week in the calmer countryside of Girannon sounded very appealing. Especially since Lucian had grown up in a quieter country setting. At times he even found the busyness of the capital city overwhelming and longed to return to the lush green countryside and quiet forest. He wished that he could go for a longer trip than just a week but he could sense how hectic and busy life at the palace would get in preparation for the Four Great Kingdom Summit. And since Lucian was working directly under the second Prince Kristopher, he knew his life would also get much busier. Not to mention the most recent trouble with Fitz being demonized, which opened up a whole other terrifying can of worms.

Lucian grimaced as he thought of his friend chained up in a dark unmarked dungeon under the palace. At the moment Fitz would still be there, locked up in the most secure dungeon in the kingdom, with countless protective barriers and magic circles around him, suppressing any possible remaining Zeref in him, even though the Mage who came to examine him said that there was no more Zeref on him.

It was evident to Lucian that the Royals were extremely worried about the affects of Zeref on the people and were hence taking every precaution to make sure none of it spread. Although Lucian thought locking up Fitz was unfair because everything he did was not of his own will since the Zeref had driven him to do so, he understood the Royal family's extreme decision. If Zeref was able to leave a person void of any emotions or sympathy and turn them into killing machines, then such power had to be kept away from the people at all costs. Also Lucian remembered that Fitz had always been terrible at controlling his lightning magic and often told stories of how he almost electrocuted his sister. The Zeref had somehow managed to hugely increase his power level and Fitz was able to inflict so much damage onto the noble center. Lucian couldn't even imagine the disastrous effects if Fitz had exploded and if the Zeref had spread over the kingdom infecting many of the people. Thank the heavens that Riley was there.

"Milord." Came Mrs Drowdenia's voice again. "The Second Prince And Lord Braxton have arrived." She informed him.

Lucian nodded and got up from his seat and made his way to his tea room to find Prince Kristopher and Lord Braxton waiting for him. Kristopher had decided to help himself to the cheesecake.

"Your Highness." He bowed his greeting.
"Lord Braxton." Lucian bowed again.

They both nodded politely in reply.

"Mmmmhh." Kristopher groaned savoring a piece of creamy buttery cheesecake. "Where did you buy this wonderful cake?" Kristopher grinned.

"There is a cake shop in the harbor side called Sophie's café," Lucian intentionally left out that Riley was the owner since he knew that she didn't want people to know that it was her shop.