Sunday Service: Living Under an Open Heaven

(03-31-19) Ptra. Mel

=Living Under an Open Heaven=

*Mark 1:9-11 (EST)
"9 At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
11 And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.""

*Matthew 3:16-17
"16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.""

"An 'Open Heaven' is where there's a nearness of Heaven to Earth."

What does it mean to live under an Open Heaven?
1. Access to Angelic Support.
2. Provisions.

Keys to an Open Heaven
+Repentance
+Prayer
    > Isaiah 64:1
"1 Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains would tremble before you!"
+Obedience
     > Deuteronomy 28:12
"12 The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none."

3. Kingdom Mindset.

*Romans 14:17
"17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,"

*Psalm 16:11
"11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."