Sunday Service: The Handwriting on the Wall

(10-27-19) Bro. Allan Barabat

*Daniel 5:25
"25 "This is the inscription that was written: Mene , Mene , Tekel , Parsin"

(Judgement Wall, Warning Wall)
=The Handwriting on the Wall=

*Daniel 5:16-17,22
"16 Now I have heard that you are able to give interpretations and to solve difficult problems. If you can read this writing and tell me what it means, you will be clothed in purple and have a gold chain placed around your neck, and you will be made the third highest ruler in the kingdom."
17 Then Daniel answered the king, "You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else. Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means.
22 "But you his son, O Belshazzar, have not humbled yourself, though you knew all this.

1) Premeditated sin.

2) Profane Sacrilege.
*Daniel 5:23
"23 Instead, you have set yourself up against the Lord of heaven. You had the goblets from his temple brought to you, and you and your nobles, your wives and your concubines drank wine from them.

3) Pagan Sacrifice
*Daniel 5:23
"You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.",

Judgement Wall Warning Wall:
1. MENE-MENE (NUMBERED-NUMBERED)
*Daniel 5:26
"26 "This is what these words mean: Mene : God has numbered the days of your reign and brought it to an end.

*Let God teach us to number our days.
        a. Gain us a thankful heart.
*Daniel 5:23
"...But you did not honor the God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways."

*Author of Life

        b. Gains us a heart of wisdom.
*Psalm 90:12
"12 Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

2. TEKEL (WEIGHED)
*Daniel 5:27
27 Tekel : You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting.

"Let God weigh us in CHRIST'S righteousness."

a. Faith in JESUS as LORD and SAVIOR.
b

. Faith in JESUS that changes lives.

3. UPHARSIN (DIVIDED)
*Daniel 5:28

28 Peres : Your kingdom is divided and given to the Medes and Persians."

*Daniel 5:30-31
"30 That very night Belshazzar, king of the Babylonians, was slain,
31 and Darius the Mede took over the kingdom, at the age of sixty-two.

"When our time comes, our body and soul will be divided. Our soul will either go to heaven and hell."

Daniel for today:
1. God is not finished with you.
2. Learn from the past and other people experiences.
3. Heart of wisdom that always account God's wrath and judgement.