Sunday Service: Passion for God's Presence

(06-30-19) Ptra. Mel Perez

*1 Chronicles 13:12-14
"12 David was afraid of God that day and asked, "How can I ever bring the ark of God to me?"
13 He did not take the ark to be with him in the City of David. Instead, he took it aside to the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.
14 The ark of God remained with the family of Obed-Edom in his house for three months, and the LORD blessed his household and everything he had."

"God's Provision is for His Children."

Ark of the Covenant (God's Presence)
1. Aaron's Staff (Authority of the Lord; Leadership of the Lore)
2. Jar of Manna (Bread from Heaven)
3. 10 Commandments (God's command are meant for protection)

God's Presence = Blessings

Seven-fold blessings of God's Presence
1. Joy (Romans 14:17)
"17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,"

2. Peace (John 10:10)
"10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

3. Rest (Exodus 33:14)
Obed-edom (servant-wilderness)
"14 The LORD replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."

4. Abundance (Psalms 1:1-3)
"1 Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

5. Protection (Joshua 1:5-6)
"5 No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
6 "Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them.

6. Power (Acts 10:38)
"38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him"

7. Generational Blessings. (Psalms 84:10-12)
"10 Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
12 O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."